Cruella (no spoilers!)

I finally watched it yesterday night on Disney plus and I loved it! I will have to go back to watch the additional scenes at the end that @vcka mentioned. I missed it.

I hope in the future there are more movies about villains, like Maleficent, Cruella and the Joker. So interesting!

2 Likes

Well of those, The Joker was the most outstanding but yes, the “Wicked” viewpoint is a nice twist and way of telling the same old tale from a completely new perspective which keeps much fresher than these remakes that I honestly don’t know what Disney is doing it for like Lion King and Aladdin which are almost word for word the same as the cartoons. Just why? I’ve seen this movie. ha ha ha

3 Likes

I want to know what happened for Ursula to become Ursula. I am sure there is a good story there. Imagine Rebel Wilson in that role….

I will be waiting, Disney!

4 Likes

I really want a Jafar back story too!

1 Like

Yes! Maybe he is Alladin’s father! Who knows?

2 Likes

“It begins on a dark night, where a dark rock waits with a dark purpose.”

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Um,… 101 Dalmatians :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just finished watching. Overall, loved it. Bit slow to start, but the soundtrack helped massively.
I know everyone is going on about how amazing Emma Stone is (and she is), but how flipping fabulous is Emma Thompson??? That lady is 62 years old :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Emma Stone?? Ppft… Emma Thompson Rocks!! :love_you_gesture:t3:
Great cast. Really well done.
Loved the end scene. Tied it all up nicely to set the scene for the original.
I thought Mark Strong was a bit underused.

6 Likes

I love Emma Thompson! Yes, she is awesome and not in just this.

Yes, yes I know. I didn’t feel like the personality of the Cruella here was consistent with the original animated movie so I wonder if they’ll leave it alone or have a next installment.

4 Likes

I get what you mean (I was just being flippant :laughing:).
Although they tied up the plot lines, I think there is a personality discrepancy between Cruella and 101 Dalmatians. Not sure if it needs explained though. I’m quite happy as a viewer to go straight from one to the other.

1 Like

Two more things…

I’m getting to really like Joel Fry. I’ve only seen him in a few things. Has anyone seen him in Love, Wedding, Repeat? He his singularly excellent in that movie (which isn’t actually all that great).

Is anyone else left with a Red Hot Chili Peppers Mirror For The Sun earworm after watching?? The original title/credits music from Cruella is (plagiaristically?) similar.

I thought both were fantastic, but I agree Emma Thompson’s performance was really outstanding.

1 Like

Alert: potential spoiler

The way it ended made me think there will be a Cruella 2.

I could see that.

1 Like

I had “Sympathy for the Devil” on repeat after watching it. Really enjoyed the soundtrack and thought the album could have included a few more of the 33 songs that were in the movie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collider.com/cruella-soundtrack-list-ranked/amp/

1 Like

Watched it last night, absolutely loved it. I believe Cruella 2 has already been green lighted

5 Likes
3 Likes

We watched it last night and I lovvvvved it- the costumes, the music, the acting. So good! :100: as far as the live actions go, it is up there with Maleficent for me.

3 Likes

I’m watching it again and pausing at the major art/costuming scenes to take a minute to soak in and really enjoy it all. My first pause was the store window Estella remade :heart_eyes:

4 Likes