Crowds during School Breaks

Looking to plan our 1st UOR trip. Considering Thanksgiving week 2021 or Spring Break in late March 2022 (not Easter). Which is a better time? We have tweens/teens. We’d stay at HRH and have EP. Are crowds unbearable and are lines with EP significantly longer during super busy times? We’ve done Disney during both of those time periods and survived. Recommendations?

I have not personally been during either of those times, but if you have gone during those times and survived Disney, Universal with EP should be a cakewalk by comparison.

1 Like

We have been many times during all the various holidays, and have never had an issue with crowds with express passes. It makes it so easy, despite crowd levels. I would pick whatever dates work with your schedule. In general it might be cooler/less humid at Thanksgiving, by spring break it is getting pretty hot and humid.

Keep in mind that rooms at HRH can be quite a bit more expensive during holidays than at regular times - just in case you aren’t already aware. For example, I think the rack rate for a regular room is like $300 in off season and more like $500-600 in peak season.

That is quite a price hike. Thanks for the advance warning!

1 Like

This is what I like to hear :slight_smile:

That is good news. The social distancing pictures of UOR seem to make it look so crowded so I can’t envision holiday crowds. I’ve only been 1x and it was a private event across both HP areas so I have no preconceived notion about waits, etc.

1 Like

Yes, I was pricing rooms for the week after Easter and couldn’t find a deluxe with EP under $550/night.

1 Like