Crowd Tracker update for March odd?

I am having trouble understanding what data was used to suddenly upgrade this week and beyond to constant tens from 7s and 8s. It has turned out not to be the case for the first several days of that string and yet the calendar still shows all 10s. No impact to our plans but it seems it could impact others’.

Welcome!

Could you, please, clarify what you mean by this?

To start trying to answer your question I want to help clarify what Touring Plans means by “Crowd Level / Tracker”. A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

No the actual historical crowd levels have been 7 and 8, almost exactly as predicted before the levels were blanket raised to 10. That’s what I mean. And the parks are nowhere near a ten today.

We were at Epcot yesterday evening and it was wall to wall people? I have been many times but have never experienced a crowd like that!

It’s been proven time and time again that Historical Crowd Levels 12 months prior have been more accurate than Crowd Calendar predictions 12 months, 6 months, 1 month, 1 week ahead. Just sloppiness fron TP. Sorry

1 Like

TP Statistician Fred Hazel says that you typically won’t be able to “feel” a 2 point difference in a CL. That each queue is only a matter of a few minutes difference in each level.

Do you say they aren’t a CL 10 because the streets weren’t packed or did you experience very short queues all day? :grinning:

(Not trying to debate, just trying to understand how you interpret a CL 10 vs. CL 8) :smiley:

1 Like