Crowd Tracker Disneyland and Star Wars

Is anyone able to advise if the crowd tracker estimates for Disneyland for August take into account the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the crowd levels do not yet account for GE, as there is no info yet on ride times for Smugglers Run, which is the info they use for crowd levels. That should change starting tomorrow when GE opens to everyone, though they will need a few weeks I guess before they change. I went on opening day, it was amazing!

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere on here that that the team do not allow new offerings to affect CL estimates until they have a year’s worth of data? @len?

1 Like

I don’t know for how long, but I also recall that the data for new offerings will take some amount of time before it’s factored into CL estimates.

Also, the CL estimates right now are for everything outside of SW:GE. And last blog post on crowd updates & SW:GE (that I recall seeing, not sure if there’s been an update in the last few weeks) stated that for anything beyond end of June, SW:GE had already been accounted for (as much as the models allow without actually including the ride waits) and that they would only update if data from June’s crowds indicated any adjustment was warranted.

Another question on the crowd calendar- it shows DCA unblocked for SoCal Sel most of July!
Is this correct?!! Do they know something the DL AP site doesn’t know?

I think you spotted an error in the crowd calendar as the Disney site definitely lists that the Socal Select is blocked from DCA all of July (and until end of August).

Unless @GuySelgaJr knows something we don’t??

1 Like

I figured as such. You’ve got to agree that it would be a super big deal if they opened up all of July to SoCalSelects.

1 Like

It’s true - the new SWGE attractions are not part of the DLR crowd calendar calculations.

2 Likes

We’ll check on the blockout listings on the DLR crowd calendar. Certainly trust the Disneyland website’s blockout information when there’s a discrepancy, but we appreciate your letting us know so that we can fix a problem like this.

2 Likes