Crowd level questions

So this is sort of a dumb question just curious from the more experienced people out there. We are heading to WDW in April and using the TP crowd calendars as a rough guide for park planning. On April 24 it lists MK as a 2 which seems super low for a weekend. First of all I know that planing crowd levels right now is notoriously difficult. I was just curious if it is going to be a colossal mistake planning a full day at MK on a Sunday? And I totally get if the answer is crowds are crazy and unpredictable just do your best!

thanks in advance

Sundays tend to be lower days at MK because they tend to be travel days for guests.

I doubt it will be a 2 though.

1 Like

Welcome!

Certain forecasted dates just seem to be off sometimes and we aren’t sure of the reason. One smart thing you can do is look at the historical data for that same or similar date. I have seen TP copy and paste days from 2019. It actually was a 2.

Sundays turn out to be a lower crowd day for the parks because it’s a popular travel day.

So first off I posted that 11 minutes ago. You guys are amazing. That makes me feel better. I definitely don’t expect a 2 but I didn’t want to get a park reservation and ADR’s and then have it be a 9.

Appreciate the help!

4 Likes

Crazier things have happened lately but you have a great chance that it wont be a 9 :grimacing: 2 sounds low to me but probably historically accurate, maybe plan for a 5 and be pleasantly surprised if its lower.

1 Like

“Thank you for choosing the TP forum customer service hotline, have a great day!”

2 Likes

Not that one necessarily predicts the other, but I’ve chosen Magic Kingdom for both Saturdays, April 1st and Saturday, April 8th. They are expecting those to be “4” days. I’ll certainly report back as I’m touring how it feels at ground zero those days.

I believe trip reports are going to be more important than ever in the near future. Not only would I check the “How did we do yesterday” section, but seek out those trip reports as well.

Is also say that no matter how low the crowds are at MK, that is by far the one park most necessary to tour for two days unless you are a maniac and manage to hit everything in one day.

All due respect to all you maniacs out there!

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

Keep this in mind when looking at the calendar. A lot of ppl get upset when they arrive for a what they believe should be a “low crowd day” and the streets are packed. Hope that helps!

1 Like