Crowd level question for staff and liner opinions

I was in MK that day! Although did not get to meet up with any other Liners unfortunately. With a little one we tried to keep up with her as well as getting some things in for ourselves.

I didn’t get many pictures, either. So I’ll try to do better this year and see what I can do. I do remember it being very not crowded, as the pictures show. The only time I remember there being somewhat of a crowd is when the FoF parade went by, so that many people were lined up to see it.

I believe @Star_Wisher said that her family in the morning was the only ones on the teacups.

1 Like

So if the NYC and Michigan and whatever other schools don’t start until the Wednesday or later after Labor Day EVERY year, you would think that this year MK will be at least as empty as last year, and maybe more so with Labor Day happening later, so that more schools elsewhere may already be in session. Last year Labor Day was a 1, so I think it is reasonable to expect it to be a 1 again. But you never know!

Also, @ejj, I expect just before Labor Day when you are there will also be very nice in terms of crowds.

It may never happen for me, but I would just love to spend a week in WDW in mid-September as some people are doing.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Thanks for sharing my post and photos @ejj! We actually were the only family riding on teacups and it was awesome. I hope to return over Labor Day weekend again one day. It will be a little more crowded when we return on 11/20 this year.

I agree that labor day weekend and labor day itself will probably be similar. I think the original question was regarding the 1st week in September, which has different circumstances this year as many schools will not have started yet and they had at that time last year.

I am interested in this too as it looks like we will be changing our reservations to the week leading up to Labor Day due to the availability of rooms for the free dining promo. The current availability of dining reservations for that week may be a good indicator of quiet crowds!
However i think part of why they are saying low the week prior (we are in upstate ny and our school goes back Wednesday the 9th) is that although the schools that never open before Labor Day won’t be open (and haven’t been open), other schools will have been back for a while and that will be reflected in the crowds.

Other crowd predictions show high levels and that makes me nervous too! Anyone I talk to though that traveled during that time has said it was very quiet

Well, with the latest TP crowd calendar updates, most of those “1” level days the 1st week of September are pretty much gonzo. I’m not surprised, and the numbers seem more realistic to me.

@Len, was there something that drove the numbers to change now, rather than earlier? Were there park operating schedule changes, or hotel booking numbers released by WDW to indicate? I’m curious as to what drives these & when. :slight_smile:

Looks like “Jersey week” and the week after got the “bump up” too. sigh… all the more reason for TP w/RD, eh?

I just noticed changes to my week in mid-Nov, too - going from mostly 1-3 to 3-5. I mean, that’s still good, just not quite what I had originally expected a full week+ before Thanksgiving.

Does some of this have to do with increased resort traffic due to Free Dining?

FYI, Fred blogged about this a few weeks ago with a more detailed explanation regarding September: