Crowd Level at Very Merry Christmas Party

On the 1 to 10 scale, what is the capacity crowd at a Christmas Party? We are going to be at WDW pre-cruise on December 15th. Trying to decide between the Magic Kingdom during the day (Crowd Level 4) or the Christmas Party. I would really like to attend the party but don’t want it to be more crowded than the daytime crowd.

It sounds like the current Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween parties have had larger crowds than in recent years, so I’m a little apprehensive about the upcoming MVMCP and how many tickets they are selling to these events. People have reported big crowds, long lines for the “free” food and to meet the event-specific characters:

By comparison, it looks like the day of the 15th is only a 4/10 estimated crowd level, which would allow you to get a lot of things in before the park closes early. I think you would be able to do more of the attractions if you went during the day (and avoid large crowds), based on the MNSSHP reports.

1 Like

The day time crowd is almost always less busy than the night time / party crowd. People tend to avoid the park hosting the party during the day since they’ll have to leave at 6pm.

If you want a full day at WDW I’d either buy a park hopper and go to MK in the day and somewhere else at night or go to MK in the day and Disney Springs at night.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions! You had us leaning toward the daytime visit. The decision has been made, I was able to snag an Ohana breakfast that morning! :smile:

2 Likes

Ugh, so not what I wanted to hear :cry: