Crowd Calendar vs. Reservation Availability

Curious about how crowd calendar works compared with sold out days. As an example, there are no reservations left for October 12th but the crowd calendar has it as a 4. On the 8th of October there are no reservations left and the crowd calendar shows it as 10. Presumably, if there are no reservations available the park should be full and the crowd should be equal to any other day in which the park is fully booked. I understand that weekends are busier, but it seems like fully booked means the park is full whether it’s a weekend or a weekday. What am I missing?

Welcome! Ask anything & as often as needed!!

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long

Thanks for the response. So, I guess the short answer is that TP expects the queues to move much quicker on Tuesday the 12th (CL 4) than on Friday the 8th (CL 10) even though the actual crowd in attendance is the same - fully booked. Is that accurate?

1 Like

Basically…Yes.

However, WDW doesn’t publish it’s metric on how they are issuing park reservations or the amount. It is entirely possible that while there is no availability either day WDW has capped attendance at different numbers. The Tuesday may be “sold out” at 40K reservations and the Friday may be “sold out” at 60K reservations.

The queue waits are really the best way to help people with their trip planning.

Since there are different buckets for park reservations one might fill up but not another. I’ve also noticed that if my AP bucket is full in the morning it might be open in the late afternoon. I’m guessing WDW opens up all slots at a certain point in the day.

1 Like