Crowd Calendar Update :( - January

Just saw the crowd calendar update for January, we will be there the week after MLK Day (Jan 15-23) and picked this week because most of the days had crowds under 5…there have been significant increases across all the parks, but the overall resort number seem way higher.

Is there something going on this week that I don’t know about that we can be prepared for?

I’m kinda bummed, we always go this week because of the low crowds. :frowning:

Continuing the discussion from Update on WDW Crowd Calendar Updates:

1 Like

I have been monitoring Early April and those numbers went up a bit too. I think I am finally resolute in believing it is what it is and we are just going to have to deal with crowds. I think this makes it even MORE important to follow a TouringPlan and get there early. I have to say I am looking forward to going to UNIVERSAL - the crowds are supposed to be MUCH lower.

2 Likes

I would rather know before I go what the “real” CL will be vice getting there expecting and planning for one level and have it be off by 2 or 3 when you get there. It can be very stressful to have a solid plan that you have worked on for weeks fall completely apart by 11:30 because the crowds were much larger than predicted. This happened to me 3 out of 4 park days on my trip last November.

3 Likes

I agree with bswan. the whole month of October had higher actual CL’s than what was predicted. I am glad I kept up on following those actual CL results b/c it lowered my expectations of having low crowds. I think there are only 2 types of crowds at Disney these days… busy and crazy busy.

2 Likes