Crazy confirmed reservation prices?

Am I crazy or is this price astronomical? $30pp for mid-week at the Poly! I know that there isn’t a room to be had, but I would think people would just book a regular room at that price.

2 Likes

Yes, there was a SSR one in October for $28 a point.

Although I had a CC studio for 2 nights in December. It was 31 points and the rack rate was $1450. So at $30 a point a rental would save over $500 plus parking.

I was noticing much higher per point rental prices more often now. I think the savings from renting points is going to start to diminish as the cost of DVC goes up. But you can also still find some super good deals if you aren’t picky.

1 Like

$510 a night is still a bargain and last I looked no rooms were available almost at all over that date range so kind of a good deal.

:::checks point balance for rentable points:::

2 Likes

Ya, I mean it is fair that almost nothing is available for the entire month of December. Literally not a single DVC studio outside of Christmas Eve. But $30pp just shocks me. Guess I’m glad I bought points!

3 Likes

Honestly - I think I could have got $35 a point for a WL studio in December. It would have still saved almost $400 off the Disney rate.

That’s true! It actually is a little surprising that the rental agencies don’t vary the prices by time of year. I just have a hard time spending more than $15-16pp. Just me I guess!

3 Likes

I find my points have too much value to me.

4 Likes

I use David’s - I rent out my points through them in the past and have had friends rent from them. I do think you are going to see the per point cost go up as people with newer contracts rent though. DVC Dedicated Reservations for Rent | David's Vacation Club Rentals

1 Like

This makes me realize I am never getting off the BWV or Poly waitlist for NYE. I can only imagine how much that would rent for.

:crossed_fingers: Disney puts on a fun AK NYE party like in 2019 because I suspect I will not be moving from AKV (note Jambo house rack rates are $900 a night over my stay!)

1 Like

You never know! I cancelled two December bookings.

Oh I am stalking it! My husband really wants to stay at the Poly so I would love for that to come through as a surprise.

1 Like

Ahhh! I have 4 waitlists for December.

1 Like

I so wanted to keep my CC but I modified it at February vacation 7 month mark.

1 Like

Ooooh CC no less! I have BRV waitlisted because it seems like the ugly older sister that everyone overlooks and I figured I had a better chance.

1 Like