CR vs. GF

Happy early B-day! I’m scheduled to hit 40 in a couple of months myself, but I might change my mind and stay 39 for a few more years. Then again, it’s just a number. :grinning:

1 Like

4/23 - 4/30 or 5/1.

I will hopefully decide today!

I’m thinking of pushing it back a year so I can have the blowout trip I was originally planning!

1 Like

Umm, we decided 5 nights at BWV at the end of July :woman_shrugging:

The points have to be used by the end of July, so we decided to just do a short trip and hope more is open by then. We will celebrate my 40th in March 2022 when we celebrate my son’s 10th.

2 Likes

That’s my fave resort! Have fun! I’ll go first so if you have summer questions ask me mid-June!

1 Like

I love Boardwalk too! We stayed there last year the first week of December and really enjoyed it. I told my boys that we would stay at YC/BC on our next trip so they could experience Stormalong Bay, but we’ll save that for my son’s 10th I guess.

1 Like

We enjoyed that Stormalong Bay much; the slide is amazing! You’ll enjoy it.

1 Like

I asked in one of the shops at GF if they had pin trading and the CM quietly let me know that they didn’t do that there. :flushed: It made me feel a little déclassé for asking. So I know what you mean! But I would still stay there if I had the chance.

1 Like

This made me laugh! I’m the type of person who wishes I could wear a t-shirt shorts when I eat at a nice restaurant. I mean, I have my limits too, but I’m not a fan of enforcing some kind of arbitrary standard of classiness.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a temporary thing or a recent change because I know at one point there was a pin trading board at the gift shop at the GF.

2 Likes

Could have been due to Covid-19 but they were trading at the Poly and CR.

2 Likes

Weird.

1 Like

We had a sleeper sofa at OKW in 2008 that my grandson - 5’9", maybe 175#, said was comfy. No center bar under his back. I don’t know what the sleeper sofa at GF would be like.

The pull down single, Murphy type bed was very comfy for my grandniece at 14, 5’2", slender build - that is to say we had no idea of her weight. She was wearing junior’s size 3, maybe 5. So a petite adult might like it. My grandniece loved it.

Btw, the living room couch in Saratoga Springs swings out to allow a Murphy bed to pivot down from the wall. I slept on this for a week and found it very comfortable. This could be all the beds. :grin:

1 Like

oh dear… that is kinda’ sad but I agree w/ others that C-19 might be an influencer there??? I bet some of the NBA players would dig some pin trading?!

2 Likes

I know people with 8 figure net worths that dig pin trading. Whether or not one would consider them classy is up for debate though!!

4 Likes

I’ve stayed at GF twice and both times thought my myself … why am I paying Four Seasons prices for this??? GF is nice, but far from a Four Seasons level and I can’t justify that price increase over CR (especially when going with young kids who don’t care about the ambiance). The new walkway is nice, but I still prefer CR given the price difference (both of course are expensive, but GF much moreso). Also, I agree with you about the CR negatives, but when staying at CR, I feel that we are paying for the convenience to MK and that has a lot of value.

4 Likes