CP with NPH worth changing whole itinerary for?

Him, Pat Sajak, Steven Curtis Chapman, and a couple others are narrators I would love to see…none of whom are participating this year.

The CP is something we hope to do at some point…although, having watched videos of it, it isn’t all that different from choir cantatas I have been a part of and even directed.

In December 2020, though, we did get to see Joyful! Perform. They were great…basically a full on Christmas worship service in Epcot! I hope they are returning this year.

5 Likes

I like NPH but wouldn’t change my plans to see him, especially since it would be a weekend. For me it’s not about who is telling the story, it’s about the story, the hymns, Christmas in Epcot. The bonus is seeing a celebrity (for us it will be Mariska hargitay). We have a trip planned in December and even though it is a short trip we plan to go to CP. we have only been to WDW around Christmas once and it was in 2020. Since we were in WDW this past June, our Christmas trip is short and we plan to do more Christmas things and have a more relaxed trip. Even though the dining packages are expensive and not my favorite choices we will be getting one because I do not like waiting in long lines.

4 Likes

Yes I would and have switched my schedule around to see NPH. I have seen him, Whoopi, Jodi Benson, Gary Senise, and one of the disney broadway actors whose name escape me. He was my favorite. I would also like to see Josh Gad and Angela Basset. Unfortunately I am there early December so will miss all 3. Going to try for Edward James Olmos.

6 Likes

Last year, we happened to be at Epcot when Lisa Ling was narrating. We were able to stand and watch from the walkway at the back. Not planned - just happened. It was very nice. If I had been picking a narrator from the list last year, she would have been at the top.

4 Likes

Joyful! really is a great show. I enjoyed them quite a lot.

4 Likes

They legit have Angela Bass and Courtney B Vance back to back. That is going to be amazing! Two of my favorite actors who are brilliant and husband and wife. I’m so jelly …

6 Likes

We will be arriving when NPH is narrating and I think we are going to try and see him. My DDs are older and I will likely only get the dining package for DH and I and we will let the kids stay in future world and ride rides during the show if we are able to get a package. The dining is expensive and the kids don’t seem to enjoy it very much.

4 Likes

Yes. I just read the title and based on that the answer is yes.

5 Likes

I am debating between Mariska and NPH…… good choices either way

4 Likes

Exactly how I determined the answer as well

2 Likes

Asked DW about CP last night, and her response was “why would we do that when we can see something similar at home?” ummm, because its friggin Disney??? booooooo…

2 Likes

I don’t care much for NPH, but even for my favorite on the list (SCC) I’d probably not be willing to deal with the crowds and my kids. I’ve always found myself anxious at Epcot in the dark with my kids. I distinctly remember our 2007(!) trip and how I was so stressed counting heads in the crowd there. For some reasons it’s THAT park. Even 2019 I opted to leave early bc of the crowds.

2 Likes

He’s actually not on the list this year.

1 Like

I meant of all the names mentioned in this thread… sorry.

1 Like

Gotcha!

There was always little chance we’d see SCC, since he always seemed to be scheduled just before Christmas.

1 Like

I started replying here but it snowballed into a bunch of different ideas and questions. I’m going to just start a separate post for overall trip advice, it is making my head spin. Stay tuned…

3 Likes

Well. I guess that’s decided then :laughing:

1 Like

You think I’m backing down from her laser-shots? :slight_smile:

A smart man would, if there were indeed lasers.

But I’ve met this lovely woman and she is simply being reasonable :wink:

I’m on your side as a Dis fan, but as a wife and woman … well … allegiances shift!

4 Likes

:+1: :joy:

2 Likes