Covid vaccine and you

Disney World opens a vaccine site for its employees

Disney confirmed a limited number of employees signed up for appointments and received the Pfizer vaccine starting Tuesday at its health clinic near Epcot.
Read the Latest

13 Likes

Liner skills used today. I am scheduled through my doctor for two weeks, but got an appointment for tomorrow so yippie!!

13 Likes

Drive a couple hundred miles south and lie. We have plenty of vaccine, I’m afraid it’s going to go unused. That is, if the border is open? :thinking:

Mine was significantly worse. It shot right down to my fingers almost immediately after getting the second shot, to the point where I thought they hit a nerve. By the next morning I couldn’t move my arm because it was so painful. Fast forward 24 hrs later, it was basically gone except for the injection site (as well as all my flu-like symptoms).

2 Likes

I’m sorry, thankfully it was only for the 24 hours (though it was a really rough 24 hours…).

1 Like

Border still closed :stuck_out_tongue: So nope, can’t do it LOL (…and while I could fly, I’d be stuck with a 3 Day Hotel Quarantine upon return that’s around $300/night) I can’t wait until this is all over and I can GO PLACES!

4 Likes

Beginning later this month, NH will open vaccination to everyone age 16+ even if you are not a NH resident

If anyone wants to make a road trip, let me know and I can let you know where to stay and stuff :slight_smile:

9 Likes

They just announced that in MA. Yay!

I got my 1st Pfizer this morning. My arm is a little sore and I’m a little tired, but feeling good. I let my arm just hang loose as @OBNurseNH (I think it was you) suggested and didn’t really feel anything. Soreness is no worse than a flu shot. Going to drink some more water now…

9 Likes

Got Pfizer #1 … now the up to 16 week wait for #2. I’ll take it, still provides 80% protection.

10 Likes

Where are you?

Alberta, Canada

2 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: DH’s #2 Pfizer done. 2xDDs #2 Moderna scheduled. DS-18 #2 Pfizer on 4/26. My DS, DiL in CO aren’t getting anywhere though; He’s AD-Army too ???

8 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/north-carolina-sites-halt-jj-shots-adverse-reactions-76959783

I saw the same report from a different source yesterday. At this point, we don’t know if it is nothing more than a statistical anomaly or something else. Trouble is, if the news covers it, it can be alarmist. If the don’t cover it, it can be, well, a cover up! So, it is wait and see, I guess.

In the meantime, my DS21 is scheduled to get his J&J vaccine next week through U of M. Tonight at 10:00 pm, more appointments open up near us, so hoping to score one for DD17 and DS19.

6 Likes

I hope they figure this out quickly. If I get a vax it will be J&J.

Colorado had a similar interruption.

3 Likes

Fainting is a very common side effect of many vaccines. There are certain ones we will hold the patient for a period of time after giving them because it is so common.

8 Likes

It also becomes almost a hysteria phenomenon. One person sees another faint from the shot, anxiety shoots into overdrive, thinks there’s a problem, and faints themselves. And then the next one, and so on.

8 Likes

That said, I’m not worried… (even after the unlucky Moderna experience I had in January.) I get my J&J shot on Tuesday, and so does oldest DS. DD gets her second Pfizer on Wednesday, and then everyone in my house who can be vaccinated, will be.

10 Likes

So you had one Moderna and now they will have you get a J&J as your second? Presumably because a Pfizer would not cover you but the J&J being one and done would?
Interesting. Haven’t seen that come up yet, but it makes total sense! I hope you do better with this!

1 Like

I can’t have any of the mRNA vaccines. After the bad reaction I had, they are on the no no list for both me and my youngest. Our doctor thinks that we’re allergic to an ingredient in both. (PEG) He had a similar reaction to a Hep B vaccine, which uses PEG as an adjuvant.

J&J doesn’t have PEG. CDC says that you can sub J&J in for a second dose when a patient has a reaction to an mRNA vaccine.
For anyone interested:

10 Likes