Covid ride cleaning and TP

Is it safe to say that they deep clean rides every 2 hours? If I make a TP and schedule a 20 min break for this every two hours should that be enough? I said I would go sans TP for first week Dec but its starting to seem like a TP is definitely needed. Just dont want to find myself panicked bc Im behind? All advice regarding cleaning cycles, times, how often is most appriciated!

2 Likes

I have no useful advice to offer, but I totally read your post as “Covid ride cleaning and toilet paper.” :woman_facepalming: I was very interested to see how the two related! Clearly I’ve spent too much time making shopping lists and not enough time planning WDW vacations lately.

17 Likes

You might want to look at Universal’s disclaimer. It say you WILL be exposed to Covid 19 and they take NO responsibility as they are doing the best they can to prevent you from catching it but that is no guarantee.

2 Likes

Not a direct answer to your question but an observation watching molly with all ears doing posted times vs actual wait times - it seemed as if the posted time was worst case scenario if a cleaning happens during your wait, if a cleaning didn’t occur during time in queue it seemed as if it was 15-20 minutes less than posted time. not sure if this is confirmed or shows up in the TP wait time data.

2 Likes

I think that’s a decent plan. You could conceivably hit two cleaning cycles in a row on different rides. Or you could get lucky and miss them altogether. As long as you have some downtime in your schedule, you should do okay. When I was there in October I felt like the lines app was pretty accurate for the most part except for the cleaning cycles.

1 Like

Thats what Im reading as will. Its nice to hear that Disneys wait times seems to include a potential cleaning cycle. I keep reading trip reports saying Disneys times are inflated. This makes sense. Thanks for confirming!

Yes, this is so true. Im happy Disney is taking so many precautions. Its actually similar to what we do here in New Orleans. I go in about 3 weeks. Hopefully they dont change any of the safety measures by then or Ill have to cancel. Also, Im excited for the weather! It will make eating outside comfortable.

We felt that to… that the wait times include if a cleaning cycle happens. They always announced when a clean was causing the delay. (Like TSMM, would say 20-30 mins…but be walk on)

9 more days until I return. Last time I was kinda scared because Covid numbers were so low here and so high there… now, our active numbers are 10X what they were, so I feel I am just going from one roulettte wheel to another :stuck_out_tongue:

At least I don’t have to go thru any American airports for layover this time, that’s where I was most uncomfortable. (I rarely felt uncomfortable at Disney due to all the mask wearing and precautions)

2 Likes

Our direct flight is under 2 hours. We plan on N95s for plane and airports. I actually switched my days at Disney twice bc SW keep switching me to connecting flights. Not happening. I just got an email a couple days ago confirming my “flights are now booked” ( I booked these flights 6 or so weeks ago). Hopefully that means no more changes. We leave in about 3 weeks!

1 Like

We’re stuck with a layover and seemingly can’t get a direct (at least Delta won’t sell me a direct for SkyMiles, which I’m trying to burn on this trip). Even though it’s an 18 hour drive for us, we’re strongly considering driving rather than spending more time than necessary in an airport.

1 Like

Its a 10 hr drive for us. We’ve always driven but this is such a short trip for us, it terms of Disney, I really dont want to drive. The layover options SW gave me were almost 6 and 8 hrs travel. Crazy!

1 Like

Oh no, I would lose my mind on that long of a layover even if I had access to a lounge. You’re much stronger than I if you’re willing to put up with that.

1 Like

Never :joy:

1 Like

In my experience, in October most of WDW’s waits were over-inflated and most of Touringplans were under. I could tell when I was stuck in a line for a cleaning as it does not move for 10-20 minutes at all. Even when this didn’t happen I would say TP lines were still under the actual wait and Disney’s were massively over-inflated. When I did get stuck in a cleaning Disney’s would be much closer to accurate and sometimes even 5 min under as well (meaning I waited 35 min for Peter Pan with a posted wait of 30 min) I had touringplans but what I basically learned was have your must-do’s first even if that means standing in a 75 min line because you will not be able to fit in everything TP’s says you can even with padding. This may have been fixed however.

1 Like

I went shortly after you and I think it was not as big of an issue. It could have been the Columbus Day week that also threw things off. But when we were there (October 21 at MK and 22 at AK) the Tp times were pretty close to WDW posted times. They also seemed pretty spot on except for cleaning cycles. I would still look at both and assume you’ll be in the middle. If you end up with extra time, I’m sure you can figure out something to do!

2 Likes