COVID - No Fast passes, EMH or dining reservations - Why stay onsite?

@ninjasherrie … Disney has already offered an all inclusive packages call the Magic Your Way Platinum Package. It existed for many years and as with all things Disney it was modified from time to time but basically it was as outlined here: Walt Disney World Resort Magic Your Way Platinum Package

If I remember correctly is was available thru 2016 and was dropped for a lack of interest.

Part of the reason why they need off-site visitors currently is because they discount many, if not most of those on-site beds. If they restricted park access to on-site guests, they could quit doing that.

I mean, why build CBR when they didn’t even fill up all their rooms at full price? Maybe it’s to build room inventory so they can become all-inclusive, or at least limit park access to on-site guests. Either way, they’re going to capture almost all the guests’ spending.

It would definitely become a once-in-a-lifetime trip for a lot of families. But all of these upgrades that we can buy are testing the water for that kind of thing. They want to see what people are willing to spend to get a better experience, and I think it’s probably quite a bit.

The alternative is for it to get more and more crowded. I just don’t see that happening.

And there must be a market for it, because essentially that is exactly what they’re doing with the Galactic Starcruiser. Many have compared it to a cruise- which, I believe, are all inclusive. Which keeps up the illusion of being in a starship better, too.

1 Like

I agree. In order to pull this off the price point is going to be very very high.

WDW would have to be very confident we aren’t heading into a recession…

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember them, although I never used it. There’s a big difference between offering as an option and telling people that this is the only way they can experience it, however.
Just like on a cruise, you don’t get to opt out of the food costs. Or at a resort like Beaches.

1 Like