Countdown pictures (Part 1)

12 Likes

8 Likes

Good choice! Oh and have an awesome time!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

Here’s another time when I have to admit I haven’t seen the movie you’re complimenting me on. I’ve read the book twice and loved it, and I’ve been hesitant to see if the film could hold up.

4 Likes

If you’re the type who gets disappointed if a movie isn’t as good as a book, then you may want to skip it. But personally, I am able to separate the two and enjoyed both for what they were. There is so much detail and specific IPs in the book that didn’t make the translation, but in some cases I think the movie made the better choice. It’s really cool - one of the more underrated movies of recent years (it did pretty well at the box office, but wasn’t a smash).

I also enjoyed the sequel book. Definitely not as good as the first one, but fun. I was kinda expecting the sequel would be 90s focused, which was perhaps the more logical progression, but it was just more 80s stuff.

6 Likes

I like the sequel too!

I live in Austin and used to live on the same side of town as the author and would see him occasionally driving around in his Delorean haha.

3 Likes

I only saw the movie, but the book is one of my dh’s favorites. I would suspect if I asked, he would share similar thoughts. He liked the movie so much he bought the BluRay after seeing it in the theaters twice!

Dh also really enjoyed the sequel as well.

I probably should read them both.

4 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

image image

9 Likes

When I was growing up, our family car (there were 5 of us) was a 1981 Volkswagen Rabbit (4 door sedan). It was a tight fit, but we made it work. My mom loved that baby blue Rabbit and she quickly dubbed it Thumper. :sunglasses:

Today’s July trip countdown choice is in honor of Thumper, the VW Rabbit.

s-l300

9 Likes

10 Likes

Being away for a while this got really low, really fast. But I’m a little salty from the AP news today so not as excited as I should be. :cry:

10 Likes

to Disneyland

to Disney World

8 Likes

9 Likes

Such a crazy day I haven’t had time to post!

We had a great dinner at Boathouse, and we’re doing DAK early in the morning at the after hours party in MK tomorrow!

9 Likes

to Disneyland

to Disney World

8 Likes

Have a fantastic day!

4 Likes

Ursula is 231 but was released both on her own and with Cruella who is 233. I can’t find a 233 on its own but I love Cruella and I’m going with this one anyway.

12 Likes

11 Likes