Countdown pictures (Part 1)

5 Likes

5 Likes

[November 29] 40 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks

The 40-day mark was Nov 29th, but I forgot to share an update due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So here’s a quick recap. The weekend before I finished my first 20-miler. In the rain… And it was windy with temps dropping from 50 to 40 during my 4-hour run. A big cold front was pushing through, but I needed to stay on schedule and this was the only 4-hour block I had available. So I did it. At first it was fun, but after running in wet socks for 2 hours it was pretty miserable. It finally stopped raining and I changed socks, but then accidentally ran through a puddle and the 2nd pair got drenched anyways.

We spent Thanksgiving on a family ranch and I ran in the “country” for the first time. It was amazingly peaceful. But hills…. Oh my hamstrings!

2 Likes

30 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks

Race weekend is fast approaching! My last long-long run is this weekend. I plan to run 23 miles!

Recently I ran by Medical City Hospital, where DS3 was diagnosed with and defeated cancer. It is where my running journey truly began. I am strangely drawn to this location. It is like a siren call to me (pun intended). Sometimes I go to the cafeteria for breakfast before work. I think it is because my life changed there, where I became a different person. Maybe I’m subconsciously hoping to find some piece of the “old me” there. Yeah, weird, I know. Anyways, it is also adjacent to my favorite running trail so there’s that too.

Now, to tie this back to Disney World a little more… Last Saturday the Medical City oncology group held a holiday party and we were invited. The boys got to meet Santa and guess what he had for them? Christmas Mickeys! It brought tears to our eyes – so much symbolism for us. Also shown below is one of the oncologists that saved DS3’s life. I love that man!

Last, but not least… Would you like to win a high-quality, custom-built lightsaber or droid from Star Wars land at Disney World? Or maybe you’d like to sponsor a mile of my Dopey Challenge (15 slots left)? Learn more on my Autism Speaks fundraising page at www.runjordanrun.com/autism

5 Likes

20 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks

Last Sunday I ran 21 miles. I had planned on 23 but failed :frowning: I can make some pretty good excuses, but I won’t do that here. Fortunately, after talking with other runners, I should still be fine to finish the marathon in 3 weeks. But I’m actually worried about it for the first time. I mean, I was in seriously bad shape after 21 miles, how am I going to make it to 26? In fact, I was at about mile 17 when things starting falling apart. Then I ran by this yard sign that said “Don’t give up”, and it was enough to get me going again. Maybe that is what it will be like during the marathon, surrounded by other runners and spectators cheering me on.

Reminders: I’m doing a live trip report during the races here. For a $25 donation to Autism Speaks you can sponsor a mile and have a chance to win a high-quality, custom-built lightsaber or droid from Star Wars land in Disney World (I’m making them myself when I’m there for the Dopey). Learn more on my Autism Speaks Fundraiser webpage.

2 Likes

LOL! Well, I guess this has become the “Countdown to JordanRunner’s Dopey Challenge” thread… Sorry to have accidentally taken it over. Only one more post after this one.

9 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks

SINGLE DIGITS!

This week I’m finally getting my live report ready (follow along here) and want to let everyone know that there are still a handful of sponsorships available: 11 miles ($25 each), the marathon medal ($125), the 10k medal ($75), and the 5k medal ($50). Also, remember that for every $25 donation to Autism Speaks you have a chance to win a high-quality, custom-built lightsaber or droid from SW:GE (I’m making them myself when I’m there). The raffle-style drawing will be on Wednesday (January 1st), so you only have 2 days left! Learn more on my Autism Speaks Fundraiser webpage.

4 Likes

Holy cow, i’m freaking out! Just a little over 3 weeks until our trip!

5 Likes

23 for me too!

4 Likes

7 days for us!

6 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Paradiso-Sign

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

Safe travels and have a great trip

2 Likes

Aww! I miss the days of the Hat when I actually liked going to Studios.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes