Countdown pictures (Part 1)

3 3s in a row! SO EXCITED!

4 Likes

5 Likes

220px-Route-163-sign

Not sure what feels better, 163 days or 5 1/2 months.

5 Likes

Haven’t posted in a while. It was too depressing when we were so many days away still. But now May trip hit a milestone. Under 200!

6 Likes

4 Likes

9 days until Wine & Dine 2019 for St Jude!
(+75 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks)

SINGLE DIGITS!

We’ve been extremely busy getting ready for our trip (we’re actually leaving in 2 days, see my other countdown), so I can’t provide much of an update. But here are the two big ones:

• Last week I ran/walked 17 miles and didn’t die. I’m still on track to finish a marathon by January. It was also my first “night” run (I was out from 7-11PM), which was interesting. I crossed paths with a huge armadillo, something I had never seen before except as roadkill.
  • I’ve got my plans ready for the live report I’ll be sharing during the races. I’m really excited to be trying this. See here: forum.touringplans.com/t/wine-and-dine-2019-with-st-jude
4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Yay!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Which means we leave home in 14 days!!

5 Likes

6 Likes

1moreday

7 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the day! I’m at Disney World right now with the whole family, so I won’t spend time on an update (a full trip report will come later). I’m just going to give you one final reminder that I am doing a live report during the races. The 10k starts tomorrow at 5:30AM Eastern (so 4:30 Central), and the Half Marathon starts Sunday at the same time. Early, I know. Even if you don’t follow along live, you can still come check out the report later. This is going to be fun!

For my final training run last week, I decided to go to Medical City Children’s Hospital where my running journey really began. This is where DS2 was diagnosed with and treated for Cancer last year. Thank you to all of the amazing doctors, nurses, and staff at Medical City, you are like family to us!

LIVE REPORT: forum.touringplans.com/t/wine-and-dine-2019-with-st-jude

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

60 days until Dopey 2020 for Autism Speaks

I’m still recuperating from the Wine & Dine race weekend, so short update here. The races went well, as did my first live race reports. Now, I’m turning my attention to the Dopey Challenge in January which I’m running for Autism Speaks in honor of my nephew Jonah. You can read more on my Autism Speaks Fundraiser page. As with the Wine & Dine, I’m doing a “sponsor a mile” program. For $25 you can sponsor one of the 48 miles I’ll be running in January. And I’ll be doing another live report from the races!

3 Likes