Countdown pictures (Part 1)

12 Likes

So exciting! Must be a blessing/curse that the tour company provides the itinerary so you can’t tweak the Touring Plan 847250 times before you go!

6 Likes

For something like this, where I’m a total and complete fish out of water, I am quite thankful to literally be along for the ride.

7 Likes

14 Likes

Definitely a blessing. Planning an international trip is so difficult.

5 Likes

An Aulani countdown is pretty exciting, I’d say! :star_struck:

5 Likes

It’s not easy but it’s at least 5-10%+ of the fun!

4 Likes

Holy cats, we’re under 20 days. It all the sudden feels so close!!

12 Likes

Definitely how I am distracting myself. 2 days at Aulani, 9 days at other places. It feels so far away. I am relying in a DL trip report!

5 Likes

The February cruise changed to. Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas out of NJ. Partly price (especially of flights), but also because I really don’t want to give Florida any more of my tax dollars than necessary. I’m honestly struggling with keeping the August trip - the cruise is after final payment, but I could move it to an Alaska one next year; the WDW stays and tickets could be cancelled - and I could book DL at a Good Neighbor for that once the refund hits; the flights could be cancelled for credit which could cover flights to SNA. The only thing I would be out (besides time with a friend who lives in Florida - but is actively against the current regime) is the $129 for Epcot After Hours - which is not a lot, but it is not nothing either. And the time my TA out in for the initial trip and changes and how much more work that would add for her…not to mention putting off the cruise commission for a year.

As of now I am keeping it since I will be in the Disney Bubble and feel about as safe as I can and it will give me a chance to say “Goodbye for hopefully now” to Animal Kingdom and Epcot. But I am really struggling. (Especially with the traffic sign that was tampered with in the greater Orlando area last week and that message of hate.)

10 Likes

Ooh. Actually I just looked at actual final payment (mine for activities/excursions at booking for Gold members is 105 days so I get confused) and it is 90 days. That does change things - and would allow a better Good Neighbor property at DL…

3 Likes

7 Likes

No likey

3 Likes

yeah, i wish they would have just made an electric mustang like Dodge is doing with the Charger

3 Likes

disha-di-birthday-countdown

13 Likes

13 Likes

At least it’s not 43,226! Bummed it’s not 100 or 6 though :slight_smile:

9 Likes

(From 1942’s Saludos Amigos)

13 Likes

I just get to look forward to it for longer!

5 Likes

I don’t want to get political here, and I know it’s all personal. But I got to thinking about it when the NAACP put out their warning yesterday about visiting Florida and how it may be a hostile environment. I live here amongst the bigots and dumbasses and know that you can’t give in to the hate! Go where you want, do what you want, read what you want! Honestly, if they actually did read more maybe they wouldn’t be so scared. Changing your pleasurable pursuits doesn’t bother anyone but you and in fact makes them happier. Like I said, it’s personal, and if you choose to stay away to avoid financially supporting this state, or like I have been before, are just sick of it and want to avoid it that’s okay.
IMG_1697

7 Likes