Countdown pictures (Part 1)

I can’t really think of a Disney movie that scared me. Maybe Bambi because I was 3 when I saw it and spent the forest fire scene jumping up and down screaming “Run Bambi! Run!”

6 Likes

12 Likes

It was a hard question today!

4 Likes

Fab!!

5 Likes

You have the best birthdays!

3 Likes

Yeah, it will be pretty dang awesome to be in Africa on my bday! :smiley:

6 Likes

That will be a milestone one too right?

2 Likes

No. It was supposed to be in 2024, but I saved the money more quickly than expected. I thought whether to delay to my 50th, but then I thought - you never know what tomorrow brings. So, I go to start my 50th year rather than to end it :smiley:

8 Likes

Woohoo!!!

The Black Cauldron has some pretty scary shit. And my daughter had nightmares after watching Hunchback the other night (I love that movie but it’s not really the best choice for little kids.)

7 Likes

I’m very ambivalent about ever doing a Safari myself (due to anxiety with many aspects of such a trip), but I am so excited that you get to do it and that we will undoubtedly experience it vicariously when you go! (Minus all the anxiety-inducing aspects. :joy:)

8 Likes

Confession - I’ve never properly watched either of those. DH absolutely loves Black Cauldron though.

4 Likes

I know Fantasia scared me as a kid, and the Pleasure Island scene in Pinocchio with the kids turning into donkeys was pretty disturbing too. And agree with @Jeff_AZ about Black Cauldron. I don’t think I was allowed to watch that by myself when I was little cause it freaked me out

5 Likes

This terrifies me to this day. It’s one of the worst scenarios I can imagine if it happened in real life.

4 Likes

I think it’s one of those that might actually be even more disturbing watching it as an adult

4 Likes

It’s not likely to happen in real life though - don’t live in fear :joy:

5 Likes

Might be a short trip in the meantime, and dates are a little fluid on this one, but figured I’d start now, at least with an occasional post.

11 Likes

So, April trip maybe? I was thinking you said holidays.

5 Likes

Hooray!!!

4 Likes

April trip is already booked. Holidays is a thought for a short trip, but we haven’t booked anything yet. We want to show the kids how Disney gets for the holidays.

8 Likes

2 trips! Even better :blush:

4 Likes