Could anyone lend me $849,000

Of course you didn’t. You were raised a Catholic.

1 Like

We never discussed overindulging in good food or drink in my religion classes :woman_shrugging:t2:

That’s almost certainly a lie.

Which is also something you would have discussed.

1 Like

Ok, now, I get the whole only child thing…BUT…
Sharing is caring!!!

1 Like

I don’t think you’re allowed to just make words up.

All words are made up.

Yes, but I said that I didn’t think @JenSmalls was allowed to make them up.

1 Like

I’m not an only child, but I am the oldest, so I make all the rules :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hear, hear! Well said.

Oldest kids rule the world, only kids can follow our rules or go play elsewhere.

2 Likes

Only kids are the oldest kid.

I seriously cannot decide if this is all sarcasm or not. (The April 1 date is getting to me…) But it seems all sorts of wacky!

That’s our system.

Its predecessor caused the downfall of Margaret Thatcher as prime minister.

This was regarded as a huge improvement.

2 Likes

No, that is all true.

Even better, this is all decided locally. So a Band D in one place can be £600, £1000, £1800 or £3000 a year or any amount at all. And it could apply to a terraced house or an apartment or a detached family house, depending on the type of area you live in.

2 Likes

I think you are shooting a little low with that house.

I’m personally planning on retiring to the Disney Golden Oak community, assuming the cat-burglar correspondence course I’m taking pans out.

If you close on the house by the end of the year, you get up to 5 Platinum Plus APs plus other perks.

For additional fees you get to use the Four Seasons resort facilities, can’t see how one might do without that.

4 Likes

I had a friend I worked with who was the youngest of 7 or 8. His dad didn’t bother with names by that point. He just yelled “Boy! Come over here!”

That does it. No more avocados for you!!

2 Likes

Crap. I need to move to wherever this house is. In the Bay Area, $849,000 will barely get you a two bedroom.

Exactly! That is a large part of why I don’t live there any more.

It’s pretty awful. What’s especially difficult about it is that so many people have their entire savings tied up in real estate that it seems like EVERYONE has a vested interest in seeing property values continue to climb. I mean, I can’t blame some whose entire retirement is in their house for not wanting to see affordable housing go in nearby, even though “affordable housing nearby” is the solution to about 2/3’s of the problems we experience.

1 Like

I live in central CA and we get lots of people retiring here from the Bay Area and LA and they are living the high life. It is one of the last places in CA that is still affordable. I do miss the beauty of the east bay (where I grew up), but I like that I can afford to work part time. That would NOT be the case if we lived up there.