Costuming question about MNSSHP

Not about the regulations - those I know.

My friend and I are planning to do brunch at BOATHOUSE (she’s never been, it’s my favorite) and then head to Magic Kingdom. We both have APs, so we’ll do the go in and get the wristband from a station when those start thing.

My question is…since we’re adults, we’d need to wait until that point to costume up, right? So we’d need to do something like have the costumes in a backpack or bag and change once the wristband distribution started? I don’t think it will be a big deal…I’ll just budget in a locker rental for the day. Just trying to get the logistics down.

1 Like

I believe so

Whatcha wearin?

1 Like

Thanks!

I know it’s that “other” park, but… I’m going as Hermione Granger. My friend is probably going as Vanellope (however it’s spelled - the girl from Wreck It Ralph).

3 Likes

BLASPHEMY!!!

2 Likes

It is what it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have eaten at ‘Ohanna At 4:00 on a party night. At the table next to us were Alice, the Queen, Mad Hatter…a full table in full costumes.

3 Likes

Right. That’s outside the parks but just before entering for the party.

I’m talking about going INTO the parks before the start (since we have APs, we’d be entering on those and then getting our wristbands at one of those stations). It’s my understanding that adults cannot be in the parks in costume prior to the party admission beginning.

1 Like

What all does your costume include? Perhaps you could wear the top and bottom all day and then throw on the cape and bring out the wand after you have a wristband.

I just don’t know how strict they are. It seems that I remember hopping from one park to another to the party and costumes on the Monorail from Epcot (they may have just walked through from BW)? I most likely would play it safe and only have part of the costume on.

1 Like

It’s a shirt and tie, robe, and wand. I will either do leggings or a skirt (probably leggings).

My friend said she and her mom did the costumes in the locker thing before, so I think that is what we will do.

Sounds like a plan.

That said, do wear something to cover the part that the “part of the costume” doesn’t :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh of course! Hence the leggings. (And mine are more like yoga leggings than the current trend of calling tights “leggings”.

(I was being funny. LOL)

1 Like

Gotcha! :smiley:

I don’t see it a problem going into the park early and being dressed up, we saw plenty of adults in costume last year before the party had started…us for one!

2 Likes

We went it at 2pm in costume last year- 6 foot tall husband dressed as Russell from up! Didn’t have any issues - hadnt thought about it tbh so just went with the flow
You’ll have a great time :+1: