Cosmic Rewind to open with VQ and ILL options

ah gotcha. Well I’ll have two days at epcot in august, lets hope BG1 works!

1 Like

Any ideas on the price yet? We’ll be there the whole weekend, trying for BG each day and unlikely to buy iLLs. Hoping that if we don’t get a BG the first day there will be APRs left for AK so we can avoid the early crowds.:crossed_fingers::grimacing::crossed_fingers:

Not yet.

1 Like

I guess I will be trying for both of these on opening day, hoping we get one or the other. Can’t believe our last park day is the opening day for Cosmic Rewind. It is going to be crazy.

2 Likes

My guess is it will be $15 like rise.

2 Likes

It will almost certainly be $15 at introduction. I doubt it will go down and they will probably raise the cap before demand decreases.

3 Likes

Are you sure? I thought the 1pm drop was open to anyone. I’m sure people reported hopping to Epcot and finding there were still BGs available some days.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time and I’m struggling to remember the details, and they might have changed the rules at different points. For a long time, in order to apply for a BG you had to be in the park, so the 1pm drop was placed at that specific time to preclude hoppers from being able to apply for one. I think the “having tapped in” rule for the 1pm drop was preserved even after that 7am drop was available for those with an APR who hadn’t tapped in.

So the 1pm drop would only be available to hoppers if there were BGs available for longer than 1 hour, which I believe did occur on some days, but not always.

5 Likes

Yes for Remy there were some days BG was still available after 2:00. I believe GOTG will be much more popular and the 1:00 (if they have one) will go fast just like ROTR did.

4 Likes

Yes, this is what I am remembering from trip reports.

On some days people hopped to Epcot and found there were BGs available then. So they were able to book them and ride even though they hadn’t had an APR for Epcot. It wasn’t a guarantee so it was a nice bonus when it happened.

2 Likes