Cosmic Rewind to open with VQ and ILL options

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/04may2022-disney-announces-queue-options-for-epcots-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-rollercoaster.htm

6 Likes

I am a little surprised they are starting with some ILL as I think BGs probably give them more control with unexpected downtime etc. But nice to have a choice. And I’ve got BG1 ready to go!

11 Likes

I’m hoping this means FEA will stay G+ then permanently.

3 Likes

I am betting it will. I don’t think under the current setup they’ll ever have more than 2 ILLs in a park.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been wondering.

So could you potentially join the virtual Queue and get a ILL in the same day for GotG?

3 Likes

That’s a good question. I don’t know how it worked when Remy was both VQ and ILL.

This is what I’m wondering. We would definitely do that if possible.

But wouldn’t they both sell out really quickly? I bet you’d need 2 people doing it.

1 Like

I would assume so on both points. We have 2 adults so 7 am would mean one adult do BG and the other do the ILL. Hoping not to overlap them to much on the return times. VQ were 7am as well corrrect?

1 Like

You could do both I believe on Remy as I was planning to try when they dropped the BG for Remy the week I went. If they do a 1p drop you could go for one at 7am and the other at 1pm

2 Likes

Don’t forget that ILLs can be obtained at other times. So you could get a BG at 7 and then an ILL later.

2 Likes

Sounds like it. I do wish they could restrict that, but you know there are many who will do it. Definitely puts those of us solo (or people where only one person in the group can operate the phone) at a distinct disadvantage. Larger groups with more phones can have more people going for the VQ AND the ILL. :frowning:

At least I have the D23 preview event…

3 Likes

We will have to see how fast the BG go when the ride opens. If you are staying on site and are only one person you may be able to snag a BG at 7 and then purchase an ILL imediately after. I would like to think that because it is a coaster that the ride loading will be quicker, is less involved than RotR and therefore they will be able to offer more BGs throughout the day.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed.

I’m also hoping that since it’s a coaster and not the trackless ride thing it may not have so much downtime.

4 Likes

Also true…fingers crossed. Have fun at your preview…super jealous :blush:

2 Likes

I doubt it! If Rise is anything to go by the ILLs will be gone in a flash.

What might happen is this:

• Those with an Epcot reservation try for the VQ at 7am

• Onsite guests with reservations elsewhere will go for the ILL at 7am

• Onsite guests who tried for the VQ but failed to get one will then buy an ILL

• Offsite guests who failed to get in the VQ will have to wait until the second VQ drop (assuming thee is one). I doubt there will be ILLs available after around 7:20am, even allowing for a second drop.

3 Likes

I am just shocked that you will still be allowed to join the Virtual Queue and experience a brand new attraction for FREE! :hushed: well, not really free but you know what I mean

4 Likes

I think they won’t dare use all the potential availability for ILLs until they know how reliable it is. Once they know, BGs will be dropped. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s ILL only by our trip in mid July.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll ever go ILL only. There will always be a free option, if only for optics. When they drop VQ, it will go standby (they didn’t build that massive queue just for ILL…)

3 Likes

Oh I did mean with a standby queue. I wasn’t very clear.

1 Like