Correctly prioritized dining order? And a Candlelight Q!

Does this look like the right prioritization?

Priority Restaurant Time Day of Week Date Guests
1 Celebration at the Top 7pm Saturday 12/11/2021 2
2 Oga’s Cantina 11am Thursday 12/9/2021 3
3 Oga’s Cantina 9pm Thursday 12/9/2021 3
4 Candlelight Package 8:15pm Friday 12/10/2021 3
5 Wine Bar George 10:30am Saturday 12/11/2021 2
6 Homecomin’ 10am Sunday 12/12/2021 2
7 Steakhouse 71 10am Monday 12/13/2021 2

My booking date is two weeks away and I haven’t seen anything about Candlelight Packages so #4 might be moot. For these packages, if I want the 8:15pm processional, do I need to book a dinner time? Or can I do a breakfast/lunch? I’ve never followed these types of packages closely before. We are torn between La Hacienda and Chefs de France but I could be interested in Ale & Compass breakfast as well. Open to any advice on the processional! Thanks!

I might move Homecomin up bc I know it’s very popular. The CP packages seem to be random which restaurants and meal times get which show times. They do leave a couple hours between, but it’s not set where like breakfast gets 5pm show noon lunch gets 6pm show, etc. When you go to book it does tell you which showtime you’ll get so you should be able to play around and find the right restaurant/ meal time/ show time combo.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s good advice. Homecomin’ feels smaller than WBG too. AND now that you mentioned it, I just checked Open Table and already got the Wine Bar George reservation. So Homecomin’ slides up the list!

2 Likes

What is Celebration at the top? I have FOMO!

1 Like

It’s the Cali Grill dessert party! We have Saturday as a resort day and this is the perfect evening activity for us on an adults only trip.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/enchanting-extras-collection/celebration-at-the-top/

I also think Oga’s might be a crapshoot. That hasn’t always been fully released on time IIRC.

1 Like

Ah ok. Good to know! Then I will definitely prioritize the dessert party and stalk for Oga’s later. Thank you!

You think? Huh. I guess I’ve only been inside of WBG the one time. I think WBG is under the radar more than Homecomin for sure though.

Ya, I don’t know! I’ve only been to each once and Homecomin’ was days after it had opened in 2016. I guess I was just thinking since WBG has an upstairs that it felt bigger. But Homecomin’ has “the porch.” Either way, WBG secured! Dole Whip frose here I come!

1 Like

Wine Bar George also is on OpenTable and you could make those now… I already have some through OT for Feb 22…

1 Like

Yes, exactly! I grabbed it right after I posted this. Super easy.

Ah that makes sense. I am developing my list for late December!

1 Like

Hopefully I can tell you how it is!!

I am going with the desert party for my MK day, but trying to decide what to do for NYE. We will have an 11yo and don’t want mega crowds. Our plan is to do AK that day. In 2019 they had a light and dance party that would be perfect, but no news yet. Otherwise I think it will need to be a dinner with a fireworks view!

1 Like

It’s also frustrating that it is a little random which night this party seems to be on? I thought it was at least going to be every Saturday but now I’m not seeing Nov 20!

Uh oh I hadn’t even looked at dates. I am definitely adopting a more go with the flow mindset!

1 Like