Coronavirus projects

I bought a fixer upper so there are endless projects.

Right now I’m focused on tearing out the current gross shelving in the closets. I’m mostly done with 2/3 closets so then I’ll be learning how to patch all those holes.

Post patching - I’ll be lightly painting the icky popcorn ceiling and the walls (worst yellow ever.)

If I get to it - I’ll be painting the ceilings of all 3 bathrooms with killz and then a top coat. Or trying to install a ceiling fan in the dining room and second bedroom. Or replacing all of the switches, outlets, and covers. Or reorganizing the kitchen cabinets. And, as always, there’s organizing and unpacking to do.

I’ll get it all done eventually…

Complete so far: unpacking 8+ boxes over the weekend and ripping out most of the shelving in 2 closets.

2 Likes

Most of our windows don’t have curtains. I like looking outside as well.

Our south facing windows are large and do get a lot of sun. I installed roller shades that are mesh. When rolled down we can still see outside. But quite a bit of the heat stays outside.

Two other windows have sheer curtains which are see thru during the day. At night the sheers keep the windows from looking like dark holes in the wall.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions. I don’t know if sheers will provide privacy at night. Thoughts?

So a friend told me recently you can hydroponically re-grow green onions if you keep about an inch of the root end and stick them in water. Thought we’d give it a try. These are green onions I cut on Saturday already stretching out new growth! We’re all fascinated at the visible progress they are making each day.

I got everything moved out of coolers into our new fridge and reorganized our deep freeze as I move stuff into the side by side

I survived Day 1 of crisis schooling at home, but it wasn’t particularly pretty and I haven’t even looked at all the emails related to DS15 yet.

4 Likes

Experiment. Get one set of sheers, hang them and go outside at night and see what you think.

Another option: on those south facing windows - during spring and fall too much sun can still come in because of the angle of the sun. So I put up room darkening shades as well.

Most of the time the room darkening shades are rolled up. Actually, the mesh shades aren’t used daily either. But they’re there waiting when they’re needed.

1 Like

I was wondering where I should post this. I thought here, since it was someone’s project:

We’re All Home Bound- the Corona Virus song - YouTube.

It made me smile after a particularly technically challenging work teleconference.

1 Like