Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

We have so many iHealth’s with a late June expiration (although I am going through them fast). I hope these are at least August expirations.

2 Likes

I hope so and that it passes quickly!

Yeah, most of mine as well. I think the feds guaranteed a certain number of sales to at least some manufacturers, so that’s likely why they’re sending them out again. It will be interesting to see what the expirations are. I do have a few binaxnow that are Sept.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I too have a few BinaxNow with later dates. I personally just prefer the iHealth.

1 Like

Anecdotal, but this is the personal household experience of a doctor at Johns Hopkins. Whether it’s rapid re-infection or rebound after seeming full recovery, we need to be aware of the possibilities. :persevere:

2 Likes

“The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will meet Thursday to discuss COVID-19 vaccine boosters. Though the agenda for the meeting has not been posted, a vote is scheduled, according to the Federal Register.

Tuesday’s decision means anyone 5 and older is now eligible for at least one booster dose.”

I’m unclear if the CDC needs to weigh in first? I’m thinking they do.

4 Likes

We returned from Disney on May 9th and my husband tested positive for covid on May 12th. His only symptom was a very runny nose. He tested negative on the 10th. I have had 3 negative test since (the 10th, 13th, and today). We are both fully vaccinated and boosted (1 booster). He feels fine now with no symptoms but is still isolated. The only difference we saw on this trip from our December trip was the bus situation. In December everyone on the bus had to have a seat and wear a mask. This time - no mask and packed to the gills busses - seated and standing. We are missing our grandson’s high school graduation today and it is breaking my heart. Even though it is outside, his other grandmother has cancer and my granddaughter is 8 months pregnant. I would never forgive myself if I went and one of them got it.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re having to miss graduation. That sucks.

1 Like

Oh no. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Ugh. I’m so sorry. These choices all suck.

My DD24 is double vaxxed and boosted in October. She had Omicron in January with mild symptoms. She will will traveling internationally this summer for research purposes (MPH capstone project.) She will be in Lisbon, Portugal(quick stopover), Mozambique (2 1/2 weeks), and Barcelona (3 weeks.) Long flights to/from everywhere and Covid tests required currently to enter all countries and to return to the US. She will be masked in the airports and planes for sure, but living in communal housing while there without much private space. She has had several other vax to go to Africa and will take antimalarials. We are trying to decide if she should try to get another booster before she leaves in 3 weeks. She is under 50 obviously but thinks she can get one at her student center if needed.
Any advice?

I think it would be worth it for added piece of mind.

2 Likes

That’s my thought…

2 Likes

This sounds amazing! My DD has been in Madrid since January and loves it so much. She is getting ready to return home at the end of next week.
Just so your DD knows, if vaccinated and boosted, she does not need a negative test to enter Portugal or Spain. She will need her vaccine card, and Spain also requires all travelers to fill out the spth travel app and receive a QR code to enter the country. My DH is headed there tomorrow to tour with my DD and then they will return home together. No idea about Mozambique though. Hopefully that removes a little bit of the stress. I would probably have her get the booster, if she can.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! She may have looked at info that was outdated (well, with Covid things change!) I think she will have an amazing time and I wish I could meet up with her at some point. I don’t think its in the cards since I recently started a new job and don’t have much time off yet, sadly. She’s been to Madrid and loved it so she’s really looking forward to Barcelona, and her short time in Lisbon. Mozambique will be the biggest adventure for her as she’s traveled in Europe in the past (college study abroad travel during a 4 month Copenhagen stay) but hasn’t been to Africa. She is awaiting her visa for there right now.

I’m glad your DD has had such a great time! Safe travels to your DH as well!

1 Like

Yes, things have changed. I went to Spain in January and we did not have to test to enter then, but at that time you still had to test to enter Portugal.
I hope she has a wonderful time!

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Feels like she just got there!! (Probably not from your perspective though, although I know you’re happy she’s having a great experience, I’m sure you miss her).

2 Likes

It actually went by very fast! I miss her tons, but being able to talk/text/facetime with her a lot made it just fine. She will be home for 3 whole months soon.

3 Likes

I’m skimming back through some MMRWs that I missed, and thought this was of interest. The lack of underlying conditions, for instance.

1 Like

Another Tuesday.

Out of curiosity, I dug out this image from last summer when Delta started gaining attention.

I think they’ve landed on Delta being a bit over 5. Omicron BA.1 around 8. BA.2 and etc something higher than that then. (I’m seeing 12 thrown around, but not sure how solid that is.)

2 Likes