Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

You’re absolutely right.

I had no idea my statement was controversial.

I have no data whatsoever.

Certainly anecdotal stories, regardless of number, do not compare to data.

My apologies for using neuro diverse.

Apparently I’ve touched a sore spot. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Love this

@amvanhoose_701479 , we started out discussing no masks for vaccinated team members during robotics build season but wound up with everyone masking all the time indoors. Also added more cleaning. There’s simply no distancing when building a robot.

Everyone’s mileage differs and we come from all different places.

:hugs: to you. And :hugs: to @Shmebulock

8 Likes

Well, mostly coherent? Looks like I wasn’t quite finished and posted anyway? :joy::joy::joy:

And, yes, obviously DH had to pinch hit for me getting the kids off to school as I endured a pretty crummy morning. Interestingly. I literally always have a headache (since 9/21/16) and it was no worse than usual this morning, so I guess that’s a silver lining to NDPH? :laughing:

I’m now semi-functional and drinking All The Water.

I have now edited out that random Bible passage that I must have mistakenly tapped. Apologies to anyone that spent time trying to figure out its relevance! It was something totally unrelated for church. :joy:

This link was supposed to be inserted there:

Because they want to give everyone the boosters at the same time, they STILL haven’t boosted anyone???

And these are the missing screenshots that should have been here…

Ok, I think that cleans up the gaps on that post… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

The fear I have from these charts is that we are going to go back into epidemic territory for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, flu, etc. etc. etc. now that some people have seemingly decided that vaccines are bad. :man_facepalming: Thank God smallpox was eradicated (better not to think about what a terrorist could do with a culture of that virus …).

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man: :joy:

To be honest, I think false prophets is relevant to this conversation (perhaps rephrased as misapplied allegiance / misinformation / misrepresentation, etc.).

5 Likes

I was puzzled by the Bible verse! So thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, I fear there is no way out without more people being vaccinated. And I am so puzzled by those who refuse. And saddened. And angered! I mean, my 90 year old uncle did not need to die from Covid. That’s it full stop. It still makes me angry to think about it.

I will say that I think vaccine mandates do have some effect. We have had a few stragglers here at work get vaccinated in October in anticipation of a mandate. (I think we fall under OSHA but haven’t heard any movement from leadership.)

7 Likes

Regarding the posts from Global Biosecurity, one thing I’ve learned in this pandemic, is that we have no clue how it’s going to unfold. We could end up having it be permanently epidemic, it could become endemic in the next 6 months, or it could fade as more people get vaccinated. No one really knows. We also don’t know how hospitalizations and deaths will decline, how long boosters last, etc. It’s just foolish, I think, to try and predict what will happen more than a couple of months out.

2 Likes

Spot on with this. I could have written nearly everything you did here (probably with less eloquence…), but this is basically where I am.

2 Likes

Yes, but I think part of the current issue is that people see ZERO mutual path forward, so everyone is just pulling in their own individual direction which minimizes the ability to make much progress at all as a community. And is mentally rather destructive as well.

If we had a national “Based on current info, this is our agreed path forward. Yes, this sucks, but let’s all pull together so it can suck less. Expect there to be adjustments as we go.”

I mean, think about WWII. The US had to go into it with some sort of plan that likely had to be overhauled at least in part at times, right?

But we have too many leaders that want to focus on scoring points by harping on past decisions that didn’t play out well, instead of getting behind a plan for moving forward. Even if they don’t think it’s the best plan, if it’s better than no plan. They are letting their opinion on “best” be the enemy of “better.”

7 Likes

Oh, it’s 7. Here is the current list:

4 Likes

This feels very familiar. I know my mom is very sad that my family will not be coming for Thanksgiving but until all of my kiddos are fully vaccinated, we will not be joining in on family get togethers. One reason being that both DBs and their families are not going to get vaccinated. Another reason being that they do not mask.

So yeah… stalemate sorta but honestly the ball is in their court until my youngest can get vaccinated.

5 Likes

So both kids have what I think are bad colds (Boy Scout camp out last weekend where the slept in a tent below freezing). DS12 took a rapid home test yesterday. DS15 just took one. Both where vaccinated in June and the youngest had it last Nov. I don’t want to go through another month long quarantine.

4 Likes

Completely agree with you on all counts here.

1 Like

We came home from Disney with DS3 having cold symptoms (Tested Negative) now it seems to be running through everyone else. There are still cold out there and not much you can do to completely eliminate getting sick with everything. Getting Vaccinated and taking reasonable precautions are a relatively low impact way to keep your family as safe as possible.

4 Likes

A couple slides of interest from recent Baylor College of Medicine briefings…

From Friday…Antiviral treatments currently in process for EUA…

The FDA advisory committee is meeting on 11/30 on the Merck one. I don’t think a date has been set yet on the Pfizer one (I think their submission just went in yesterday.)

If you’re interested in the science behind how they work, there were detailed slides in last week’s White House briefing:

Related transcript here:

From the prior Friday…Dr. Klotman from BCM gives his dog Lily credit for his moving forward recommendations:

FWIW, he is referencing the CDC county level community transmission rates….

County rates found here…

4 Likes

Thanks. I ended up going to the ER sunday night because the swelling went from feet to hands to lips! I got some prednisone and I’m on the mend. They don’t believe it was the booster, but since they have no idea what I came in contact with, they gave me a epi pen script just in case.

7 Likes

Scary!

1 Like

Had a cold beginning of September, and now the beginning of this month. Tested negative multiple times (both times), but it stinks playing the guessing game. I also had not been sick since early 2020.

4 Likes

Planning to get my booster Friday (in case any strong immunological response like my 2nd vax dose).

yay for Polis!

2 Likes

One of the Preschools in my town (there are 3) is currently shutdown due to an outbreak there- 55 cases (what I’ve heard through the town grapevine)

UGG!!

1 Like