Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

Agreed.

Dd forgot her card when she went back to get her second dose. Theoretically she could just fill out the information for the second dose on the first card, but she doesn’t feel comfortable doing that, so she is carrying around two cards.

FWIW, I took photos of all of our cards and saved them digitally in one place in case someone loses theirs!

1 Like

The day before we left Hawaii they started asking for proof of vaccination or a neg c-19 test in the last 48 hrs to enter restaurants, gyms and ??? I didn’t look carefully b/c we were leaving and it didn’t concern me. Aulani, front desk, was asking to see cards and then putting black wrist bands on ppl to permit them to order food on property. I don’t know what color band they were using for ppl doing tests every two days? We had to show our CDC cards at the USO to get in there.

Your state department of health should have some way to look up and save/print your vaccine information. Just google your state + “proof of vaccine” and you’ll probably find something.

1 Like

We’re hoping to go to Puerto Rico for spring break, and they have similar requirements right now - proof of vaccine to enter restaurants, hotels, everywhere. Maybe I DO just need to get a card and fill it out myself.
Thanks for the tip @krnalvarez - I’ll try that, too. It can’t hurt to have another format to try.

I’ve been hoping to get some kind of digital passport to show (we’re supposed to use the IBM passport for work, but that’s the one I can’t get working). I’d hope places would accept something like that instead of carrying around some paper card.

I asked my question because of some posts I saw on Twitter this morning about “amusement parks” requiring vaccines .

A reasonable fear that I should travel to Orlando with my vaccine card or unreasonable fear?

I have “my chart” and a CVS link that also show my vaccine record. Everyone I am traveling with went to CVS.

2 Likes

@BoilerMomPharmD Is this allowed or are they required to be filled out by those administering the vaccine?

I know they’ve started going after those using falsified cards, but I’m not sure if it would be considered forgery still if the vaccination actually happened?

1 Like

My friend’s son (age 21) lost his vaccination card. They were able to go back to the place he was vaccinated (Walgreens) and they recreated the card for him. Is that an option?

2 Likes

I want to say that sounds like you’re covered, but I feel like everything is so cray cray right now…

I would probably bring them but also leave a copy at home.

I remember someone on this thread posting about a family that was outwardly anti-Covid-Vax, but the parents had both gotten vaccinated without telling the other. Well, one of my vaccine hesitant co-workers has decided to get vaccinated - yay! Fear of the virus finally superseded fear of the vaccine in her case. (She is morbidly obese and obesity seems to be the biggest risk factor with Covid.) So she told her husband that she was ready to get vaccinated and that she didn’t want to put any pressure on him to do the same if he wasn’t ready. His response? “I’ve been ready! I’ve just been waiting for you.” Crazy. I wonder if he had gotten vaccinated when he was ready, if it would have made her feel ready sooner.

9 Likes

What I’ve been told is that my provider will mail out a blank card, if you’ve been vaccinated. Then you can fill it out with the data in your patient portal. So, I guess, it’s kind of like recreating it. I just feel so weird about doing it myself.
Oh, I went back and looked at the statement I’d read (on my work’s slack channel) - the person who did this said she got a card with a “sticker on it” with her name. So, at least it’s not like it’s totally blank!

Also, I see MN has an app that looks up vaccination data. It’s called Docket - and I can see my info there, too.

3 Likes

Wherever you received the vaccine should be able to give you a new card. Or you can ask your physician to print a copy of your vaccine record from the state database.

6 Likes

Yeah, until there’s some sort of nationwide standard, I can’t see how anyone could refuse the state vaccination report (or a photo of the card – I can’t see traveling around with my physical card, either).

1 Like

Oh, and FWIW, our Krispy Kreme will accept a picture of your vaccination card to get your free donuts. YMMV.

https://www.krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

4 Likes

The federal government is in a sort of catch-22 there. They know there are certain people that DON’T want the federal government “tracking” them, so they’ve been reluctant to put a federal system in, in part because they don’t want to give people yet another reason not to get vaccinated.

They’ve been pointing to the states and private entities to sort it. At least, they were pretty clear on that early on, but I can’t remember when they last spoke to it. (It all kind of blurs together at this point.)

Yeah, which is why I can’t imagine anyone refusing a digital copy of your record from the state department of health or a photo of your card. Because there’s really nothing else… :upside_down_face:

But you’re acting like you expect the world to make sense? Have you not seen the 202X Bingo Card??? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Vaccine passports are against the law in Florida, per the governor. However, Norwegian Cruise lines is fighting the right to require vaccination in the courts.

1 Like

This seems like a decent summary of the current info we have on boosters and the arguments for and against.

I found this part to be noteworthy:

Ultimately, the decision to boost is “one that’s going to have to be made in the face of imperfect evidence,” said Dowdy [an epidemiologist from Johns Hopkins]. The administration is in the difficult situation of trying to balance waiting for enough evidence against the risk of a surge in cases.

2 Likes

Boosters started today in the UK with NHS staff.

5 Likes

I am confident there will be many lawsuits for many reasons. I just want to be prepared for any situation.

1 Like