Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

Yes!

2 Likes

I am at work and just got exposed. Guess we will see how well this vaccine works!
It is ridiculous how many pregnant moms are testing positive here lately. All unvaxed.

9 Likes

Oh dear, the vax will hold for you.

Read a horrible article about too many unvaxed pregnant women that need to be intubated :frowning:

5 Likes

Full FDA approval: What will this change? A lot. - by Katelyn Jetelina - Your Local Epidemiologist (substack.com)

She talks about something I hadnā€™t considered.:
Second, clinicians now have the autonomy to prescribe off-label. Clinicians now have the decision-making power to recommend the vaccine to children aged 11 and younger. Iā€™m sure pediatricians were inundated with phone calls today. Thankfully the American Academy of Pediatrics was quick to react and released a statement today discouraging this practice:

ā€œThe clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccine in children ages 11 years old and younger are underway, and we need to see the data from those studies before we give this vaccine to younger children. The dose may be different for younger ages. The AAP recommends against giving the vaccine to children under 12 until authorized by the FDAā€.

3 Likes

Oh no! Go vaccine!

Thatā€™s just :cry: on the pregnant moms. The anecdotal cases in the news are just :broken_heart:.

And so far, it sounds like vaccinations have only benefits to the babies? Like, itā€™s not nearly as risky as something like amniocentesis?

5 Likes

Itā€™s much less risky to get the vaccine than to have an amnio. I just donā€™t really get how anyone can not want the vaccine at this point. Everything bad that is happening is happening to the unvaccinated.

8 Likes

I sure hope you donā€™t get it! Honestly, now my big fear is COVID messing with my travel plans. I would hate to test positive even if I donā€™t get very sick, because it could jeopardize DLR plans, etc. Weā€™ve had at least two breakthrough cases among our employees. :frowning:

3 Likes

I only care because Avery and I fly to Vermont on Thursday, and she has to get a covid test on move in day (Sunday). Iā€™m vaxxed and sheā€™s vaxxed, so hopefully thatā€™s enough degrees of separation.

7 Likes

Hugs. Praying for vaccines working here, too.

I held a crying stuffy nosed kindergartener with a fever this morning. No idea why sheā€™s unwell, but wasnā€™t going to let her cry about being sick on the first day of (a new) school without wrapping my arms around her when she reached for me. So. Good times already.

Great way to start the new school year, right?

So tired. Going to curl into a ball and go to sleep after I make sure the 6th grader has done all the reading and math he needs to do for tomorrow. :weary:

6 Likes

In other news I was one of a handful of people masking in the vicinity of some people who have turned out to have covid. :woman_shrugging:

Keeping on the danged mask, yā€™all.

9 Likes

Today I ran to the local grocer. It wasnā€™t crowded and most were masked. But I think I need to drive the extra distance to Patrick AFB commissary where masks :mask: are required and enforced. Oh and vaccination is ordered as well, bah

2 Likes

I can only share this bit from my phone

Disney reaches vaccination agreement with unionized employees

Disney reached an agreement with unions representing its workers Monday requiring all on-site employees to be fully vaccinated by late October, excluding specific exemptions.
Read the Latest

9 Likes

Just found out my bffs husband got his first shot. I am elated bc I 100% thought he was going to be a never getting it under any circumstances person. Iā€™d love to know why he changed his mind, but I am not going to prod and just be thankful.

10 Likes

I am listening to our school board meeting and my faith in humanity is plummeting rapidly.

Latest quote, ā€œLast year you said we were going to follow the science. You arenā€™t following the science you are following the CDC. You Lied!ā€

I want to cry.

Thankfully they turn the podium microphone off after 3 minutes.

Now they are yelling from the audience and took off their damn masks.

6 Likes

I made a decision after the 4th or 5th school committee meeting last year that it is better for my sanity to stop watching them. I get the recap the next day. It always made my faith in humanity plummet when I watched them.

4 Likes

School board voted 9-0 to expand indoor masking from just k-6 to include all of k-12.

The vote was 5-4 in favor of the new vaccine policy for the staff & teachers. The biggest points of contention seemed to be keeping the anonimity of those that are unvaccinated and/or that the testing should be for all staff/teachers, not just the unvaccinated since asympotomatic spread in those that are vaccinated has been more of an issue w/ the Delta variant. (FWIW, I think it would be a good idea to test all of the staff/teachers, but not at the expense of not testing the unvaccinated.)

I think I will skip the public comment period at the end of the meeting.

8 Likes

I should have skipped itā€¦

After questioning if the beef in our cafeterias came from Namibia because it might be tainted by camels, the current speaker then went on to school us on the racial disparities of the COVID19 spike protein. Apparently George Soros manufactured the spike protein to specifically attack brown, black, Irish, and Italian people (hence all the deaths in Italy last year). He advised a few specific people to go to so we can all learn the truth as well as how we can protect our community moving forward.

WOW

4 Likes

Is this a real possibility? Is there not enough beef in the US to provide for our cafeteriasā€™ needs?

(Sorry to be distracted :rofl:)

5 Likes

Something about a shipment arriving at the Philadelphia docks last year from Namibia and the point of origin was removed from all labeling and replaced w/ ā€œorganic, grass-fed beef.ā€

He went on to expound upon the fact that the cattle in Namibia are in fields next to camels. Apparently camels carry some kind of long acting virus that can be conveyed through the beef.

Based upon his comments that followed about the racial disparities built into the manmade COVID19 spike protein, I am going to doubt the validity of the possiblity of the camel virus infected beef from Namibia.

5 Likes

Wait. That was the same guy? I thought it was two different people. On the bright side, that means there is one less person to worry about.

5 Likes