Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 2

I hope you get your cruise!!! I thought they were only taking vaxed on the ship?

Yes they are. But under the current rules our cruise isnā€™t allowed.

Bah!

2 Likes

I think it will be ok. Weā€™ll see. Itā€™s going to depend on our numbers in the next 4 weeks.

2 Likes

ā€œFeels likeā€ :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Delta is bad news. I just donā€™t see people changing their minds about vaccines enough to stop the coming wave in less vaccinated areas. It doubled in prevalence over the last week. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

3 Likes

If/when the FDA gives full approval (instead of the current emergency approval) for the vaccines, I expect that many employers and colleges will require the vaccine. That should provide a significant boost to vaccination numbers. It may be too late, however, as the Delta variant already has a strong foothold in the US.

2 Likes

There are too many zip codes in the panhandle of FL w/ <10% vaxed :grimacing:

Novaā€¦ something announced 90% effectiveness and applying for FDA approval. Thatā€™s vaccine #4!

1 Like

Iā€™m concerned there are going to be regretsā€¦ :confused:

6 Likes

I think this is an understatement

3 Likes

Large variation based on zip code. Other areas over 90% of adults vaxxed. I hope it is not the case, but the Delta variant could slam some of these low vax areas.

2 Likes

Good point. Weā€™ve got to get that FDA approval, implement the mandates and defend them in court, and get shots in arms before this variant reaches critical mass.

2 Likes

I agree, Iā€™ve posted the link to the map earlier, but the trends are in an area not just one zip code. The counties in the Florida panhandle have some of the lowest vaccination rates in FL. Alabama is one of the lowest in the country. That part of FL is sometimes referred to as ā€œFlobamaā€ :wink:

1 Like

In PA we have Pennsyltuky ā€¦although it is nowhere near Kentucky!

3 Likes

??? then why???

It is more a cultural connection than a geographical reference.

3 Likes

I was guessing that but since Iā€™m not from the area didnā€™t want to suggest :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m going to be there June 26 - could you dial back the temps for me please? We have a high today of around 65. Not sure how Iā€™m going to cope. :joy::hot_face:

6 Likes

Wow. Now that Iā€™m not in my self-centered ā€œAack! UOR lifted the mask mandate!ā€ panic, paying attention to Lake Charles on the way back through. Probably 1/20 of the houses still have blue tarped roofs from Hurricane Laura. Huge high rise office building with a quarter of the windows boarded up. So many gas stations, some closed and some open, with awning and sign damage. So much still unrepaired. And weā€™re in season again. :cry:

5 Likes

I wonder how many children will need to be hospitalized before anti-vaxxers decide to vaccinate.

2 Likes