Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 2

Whoa, that is crazy.

4 Likes

Ugh. That had to be upsetting. In an already emotional moment.

It could be an isolated belief. But, if that’s representational of what Disney is communicating out internally, I guess their dropping mask requirements without hardly any notice either time makes some sort of sense. They would see it as no different than dropping temperature checks (which never really seemed based on data to me so I wasn’t at all concerned about that change.)

Disappointing though.

3 Likes

If I were you…(and I may be you, later tonight, cancelling my trip in two weeks as well…DH and I are this close to doing so, and it’s killing me, but my kids’ health has to be my primary concern) I would feel vindicated that I’d made the right decision.

Please email to the address @PrincipalTinker gave you - and I’ll be waiting to see what my experience is like.

That makes me so mad for you, SO mad.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s not ok, and should be reported. You check your personal opinions at the door when you work in customer service. No one should be made to feel bad about their decision.

5 Likes

Thanks all. I almost had to laugh when she told me ‘you know about our magic bubble, right. It keeps covid out.’

3 Likes

Someone has had waaaay too much of the corporate KoolAid…

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I agree it’s totally unprofessional and unacceptable and should be reported. Nobody wants to be told what they should or shouldn’t be doing to stay safe.

A little late now but I was told by a Disney agent the ’loophole’ of bumping your reservation out into the future (beyond the 30 days) and then canceling it later to avoid the $200 cxl fee. Like the ADR hack.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry you experienced this. Covid Bubble my ass. I hope you report her. DH and I had a wait staff start in about vaccinations and somehow he got her to stop. Disney employees are no different than anyone else; human.

4 Likes

I wish I had talked to you about this earlier! I did ask her if I could apply it to one of my two future reservations, without success. Oh well.

1 Like

They already are at risk. And some of these decisions are increasing their risks even further, even as posted by some here.

2 Likes

the way I’m reading this both sides would agree :laughing:

2 Likes

Darn!!! She needs her ears revoked…stinks they can’t all be great.

2 Likes

I guess the magic can only go so far. I really don’t like how this is has polarized all of us. Being in a profession where I deal with the public all day long, I learn to just listen, respect their opinions and keep mine to myself, and offer advice when solicited.

7 Likes

yep

2 Likes

If you are referring to my comment about DS having a phobia about unmasked people, please leave me out of your defense. I supported masking, vaccines, and restrictions for the most part, and will comply with whatever decision the school makes. My change in stance is largely based on where we are now versus a year ago. I vehemently disagree with most of the stuff you’ve posted on Covid.

2 Likes

Vaccines work. UK data. Source: Financial Times

6 Likes

Hey, if we end up cancelling our mid-October - looking more likely all the time - we can make a deal. We rented DVC a two-bedroom Savannah view at AKC, 7 nights. We’ll be out that money, because there’s no refunds with renting points. :frowning: I knew that when I did it, but that was a year ago and I never thought there was any chance we wouldn’t be fine by now. Heck, in June, I was feeling pretty good about it. Now, I think the only way will be a sudden, surprise approval of vaccines for 5 - 12 year olds.

5 Likes

My dates are 20-26th.

1 Like

We have the 16th through the 23rd. I’ll make sure I put it up on the boards, if we end up cancelling. I’d rather somebody be able to use it, even if only a few nights.

PrincipalTinker here- it seems like I cannot open the thread so I told @pod I would add her post. I am adding it as a screen shot

Thanks also to the mods for treating us like adults and allowing discussion, even if at times it got a little bit heated. :wink:

tenor https://tpforum.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/db9299/original/3X/9/9/996469e2debb6bab628a2c94598d208e2158e958.gif

7 Likes