Coronado Springs Tower or Dolphin Hotel?

So reading your additional comments I think you would miss the resort feel of a WDW resort if you stayed at Dolphin. With your only hesitation about CSR being transit I would 100% book there bc it’s not that really that big of an inconvenience. Plus don’t Dolphin buses now drop off at TTC for MK now too?

1 Like

Now I just need to convince DW. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Put her on the phone… :grin:

1 Like

:100:

1 Like

CSR is a fabulous resort with great food, a great pool and immersive theming. The bus situation was easy breezy in the morning but agree coming back you might wait 20-30 min. It was minority annoying but you’d face that probably anywhere you’d have to take a bus.

2 Likes

What is confusing me is that often the “knock” on CSR is that it not really Disney themed. Is the argument here that it is?

Disney themed does not mean Disney characters to me. It means immersion and this resort has all kinds of wonderful Spanish and Latin influences. So yes.

3 Likes

I think it is very much a Disney hotel. Exponentially more so than the Dolphin. Yes it has a large convention center and there are sometimes plenty of convention goers vs true Disney guests, but it is every thing a Disney hotel is and should be.

2 Likes

The Gran Destino Tower is arguably the most Walt Disney themed hotel.

This Walt Disney/Salvador Dali cartoon plays continuously in the lobby.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I love CSR but I have heard for years it is a “convention” hotel (just like Swan/dolphin) and the rooms are not “Disney enough”.

I can see that. The rooms aren’t really Disney-fied like in some resorts, but they are themed well for the resort theming at CSR.

1 Like

They’re really well designed for a moderate but yeah BW and Wilderness Lodge are better themed. Those are my two favorite theme wise but I have yet to stay at AKL.

1 Like

The tower is for sure. Walt and Mickey everywhere.

1 Like

I love that short so much.

And I would love to own a print of this (in a more home-friendly size)

2 Likes

That would make a great puzzle

2 Likes

In the rooms? They look almost the same as the renovated other rooms (but bigger and with no bathroom sink area doors?)

Not in the rooms that I can recall. But hints of Destino are in the rooms and as @cherokee_jacket pointed out that is extremely Disney

I suspect that would not work for the Swan/Dolphin?

What’s that?