Copy/Paste: G+ pricing changes

3 Likes

Along with that, lightsabers are now $250 (for the exact same things that were overpriced at $200 2 years ago). A $30 jump from yesterday.

I think I’m most shocked that food didn’t go up again.

I was hoping to get another lightsaber when they come out with new models but…ahhh for $250 BEFORE tax… I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that - that’s appalling!! Maybe they will have some kind of calendar you can check.

4 Likes

We are heading there next week. I’m so annoyed. I absolutely budgeted on $15/person each day. :rage:

5 Likes

Supposedly so far they’ve said October will be $17-22 but haven’t said anything beyond that.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That’s nuts

Glad I got mine when I did. I had a hard time paying for it at $200. $250 is a nope

2 Likes

I guess this is the crap they had in mind by taking away prepaying for G+ for a whole trip. A few more bucks pp won’t kill me, but it’s the principle. And I’m guessing the same people will still use it, so I’m not going to see more flexibility in return times or anything for the higher price. Thanks, Bob. Happy to help your bottom line. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I know prices are always bound to go up, but seeing jumps like this just kills any urge to go back.

I’m sure it’ll pass, but man… I need to buy flights for a future DVC trip and I’m just thinking “how bad would it be, really, if I let those points expire?”

5 Likes

frog

16 Likes

spoke too soon.

11 Likes

Why wouldn’t you rent them? Asking because I am potentially in this situation.

4 Likes

Simply the hassle of it. Even though it’d be low, just dealing with…ew…people :wink:

(also, I probably am still gonna go. After all, Fantasmic! should be back by then )

4 Likes

When l mentioned this post to my wife this morning about the latest thing Disney decided to once again raise prices on, she simply asked “So why do you want to keep going back there?” I’ve got a little more time to see what else Disney raises prices on before the cancellation deadline comes up for our early February trip, but it is fast approaching a “nope” trip too. I’m getting tired of being financially disney-dumber than a 5th grader

8 Likes

FRIGGIN THIS! Seriously, I know I’ve posted the “Leo meme” before about him throwing money vs me paying for bills, but this is getting, legitimately, insane.

What I need is some place ELSE that offers the same amount of activity time per dollar destination.

8 Likes

I don’t see where in the article it says it’s being raised for WDW. It says not yet but of course we know it’s coming. Flip side - maybe more availability?

1 Like

Dammit.

Not surprised given demand is still high. But it’s going to be quite a blow to the wallet for the 9 person 8 park day trip I’m planning for June.

Taking the niece and nephew on their first (and likely only) WDW trip - so I’m the sucker who will likely continue to pay, and just hope that it turns enough people off to actually ensure shorter G+ lines?

Thank goodness we get military discount tickets. Previous calculations had the savings about equal to the cost of G+

4 Likes

So my decision to not go to WDW anytime soon is once again justified, although I kind of saw this coming a long time ago.

5 Likes

I too have budgeted $15/pp/day for G+ and another $15 for ILL, so this comes as a sting. I can tell myself that it’s only another $400 maximum increase, but now dining is going up as well… this is so frustrating. We’re inside the 30 day window, the kids are excited and I’m determined so there’s no turning back - but this is just another nail in the “one-and-done” coffin. I’ve never stressed about a trip this much and never will again!

Trip planning is always a joyful escape for me, but this has added grey hairs and an ulcer!

9 Likes

Wow. I don’t think I can justify it for that much. That’s very disappointing. We’ll watch the ceremony on youtube and call it good instead.

My 8 year old was asking about Jedi Training yesterday. I wonder if there’s any chance that will come back? She did it when she was 4 so she doesn’t remember it. She fought Darth Vader very bravely.

4 Likes