Copper Creek vs. Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani

You have stayed at WL with the pools restaurants currently in place ?

1 Like

Yes. Although it was very brief so we didnā€™t get to the pool and Iā€™ve always wanted to go back.

The main pool at WL was kind of a letdown for me. It is a beautiful setting, but the pool itself is small and awkwardly shaped. It was hard to get a place to just exist in it that was deep enough for an adult to actually float. The DVC pool was much better.

1 Like

I struggle with if the two pools are overall better than the one pool at Kidani.

2 Likes

I started with CC because you had stated at Jambo but missed you had stayed at WL too. So my vote was for the new resort you have never stayed at before.

1 Like

Youā€™ve already decided my friend.

1 Like

Iā€™m about as decided as this poll so far!

Iā€™m literally of two minds and keep switching back and forth. I think it will end up being a decision based on availability at 7 months, so probably Kidani.

2 Likes

1 word: animals

2 Likes

For DH itā€™s access to amenities ā€” walk down for coffee in the am and a beer in the pm. He particularly likes CC because of Gyser point.
For me itā€™s access to a QS for breakfast, interior hallways and an overall general vibe. Hotel-hotels just have more energy. They feel homier to me.

3 Likes

I totally get what youā€™re saying, and I largely agree.

1 Like

So we now have two DVC contracts - one at Copper Creek and one at Animal Kingdom (and uh, have actually never stayed at either Copper Creek or Kidani! We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge before buying DVC, and our last trip was in a 2 BR at AKL but in Jambo House). Iā€™d vote for savanna view at AKL for this one as much as I love WL. Our last trip to AKL we didnā€™t have a savanna view, and now all I want for my next time at AKL is savanna view and coffee on my balcony and watching whatever animals are around! (That is already booked for our January and my DDā€™s 10th birthday trip!). Again - I love WL so so much, but would still vote for savanna AKL this time for you.

3 Likes

If you came to me and said you get two free nights at CC or Kidani, I would actually pick CC.

I have stayed at WL twice and have never stayed at AKL (and havenā€™t stayed in DVC accomodations for either). While both are amazing, my favorite park is MK and the proximity/boat to MK is the thing that puts it over the top.

Unless you were sitting on your balcony for the vast majority of your two night stay, I would go w/ CC over Kidani.

ā€¦and donā€™t get me wrong, if I was offered Kidani w/o a choice I would say yes in a nanosecond, but given the choice CC wins.

2 Likes

Both, and forget about BCV?
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

LOL that may end up happening. This is all preconditioned on my ability to get BCV at 7 months, which should be ok but is by no means guaranteed.

2 Likes

Which 7 months mark is yours? Itā€™s nasty out there in 7month world these days. Very tough to secure many resorts.

2 Likes

Weā€™re going late May / early June 2023 and staying in a 2BR Villa. I circled our dates below. We have some flexibility. At least 2 nights at BCV would be great, but weā€™re hoping for 7. We will supplement with stays at other resorts.

2 Likes

Also, this availability chart is worse than it was when I first bought points. Iā€™m hoping next year isnā€™t as bad as 2021 was for availability (which I believe this chart was based on). Who knows.

3 Likes

I think weā€™re still seeing the covid effect

It was not easy at all resorts before covid to book at 7 months, but it sure was easier than it has been.

2 Likes

If thatā€™s a current chart from the website, they are updated regularly. Daily I think. For sure 2023 will be better for points. The extra points from covid should be mostly used up by then.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true, but their data for May/June would have to be from bookings for 2022 in 2021, right? Iā€™m hoping bookings for 2023 in 2022 will be slightly better, but Iā€™m not counting on it.

2 Likes