Convincing the teen

Got it. Busch Gardens seems really fun!

I agree. That seemed pretty manipulative to me.

I have to say, if I was in the kid’s position, I’d definitely be offended and probably let it be known.

Unless the others got the same manipulation for their trips, I would definitely NOT go that way.

Not personal experience here as I have no kids and when I graduated I didn’t get a multi-thousand dollar trip, I goy a $50 book and a Cross pen and pencil set ( with my Father’s company’s logo on the clip (FWIW, I still have all three items).

But if the others got to choose, I think he should as well.

2 Likes

I went to Busch Gardens a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot of fun. A one day ticket plus all day dining was about $109 for each of us. You can get an entree, drink, and dessert every hour.

1 Like

Just a note: he was being tongue-in-cheek there.

2 Likes

Oh, I hope it came off that way. Don’t want anyone to think I could be like that! (Even if I could, my wife would knock my block off!)

They don’t get a trip. The family gets a trip. We would do a trip regardless. The graduating child just gets to play a significant role in planning it is all.

My second son originally had grand visions, much of which got the kbosh!

3 Likes

Good to know. I will definitely look more into it.

1 Like

I do believe you can find even better deals on Groupon.

If you’ve never been to Busch Gardens, I do recommend it. It has 3 “world class” coasters, several “lesser coasters” a number of other “thrill” rides (including one of the highest drop towers in the country), and a number of nicely done animal attractions. It’s also a very pretty park with nice detailing and theming (maybe not Disney, but way better than average).

1 Like

dodge

5 Likes

I have NO idea what this image means, I’m afraid!

Whaaattt??? This is now on my bucket list! :rofl:

1 Like

Just do some math ahead of time. The upcharge for the all-day dine may not ultimate be worth it, depending on how you would realistically use it. I think the deal at Busch Gardens is better than most amusement parks because they are trying to get people going to Disney/Universal to add on a trip there. At the same time, for the extra $30+ dollars of the all-day dine, you might end up spending more than you otherwise normally would.

They explicitly forbid the sharing of food, so you can’t have one of you get the plan, the then kind of spread out your eating across multiple people.

Still, it can be worth it for others.

Actually, I was totally kidding. I just like the idea of having the ability to literally eat all day. I love food. But I also know what I am capable of. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. Sorry. I should have realized it with the :rofl: emoji! :slight_smile:

The interesting part of the Busch Gardens dining plan is that one of the restaurant areas had multiple different cuisines. You could get your entree from the Chinese food section and your dessert or appetizer from the Italian or Mexican food section.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to let the previous image and now this one sink in to see if anything comes to me. But I got nothing. No clue. You couldn’t pay me a million bucks to have any idea what the images are meant to convey!!!

Sigh

1 Like

How about Epcot Dive Quest? We’ve done that twice with our 3 teenagers at different times and they really loved it. It’s expensive but the video makes it personalized & special. People in your party who don’t want to dive can eat at the Coral Reef and wait for the divers to show up in the tank. Or everyone could have a special dinner there afterwards.

I mentioned it in my other thread here (Everything's changing (almost!) - #4 by padfoot86), but it is worth mentioning here: we now have a plan that involves the family going to Disney in May 2020. “The Void” played a major role, as did a compromise with my daughter’s subsequent trip that has resulted in complete familial happiness!

6 Likes