Convince me to parkhop

Absolutely! No appologies needed!

I think my real problem is that I don’t have enough opportunity to visit the parks repeatedly, so that I do it more casually…

2 Likes

I have often told friends that this is the expert method. But we can’t manage to apply it because we want to do everything and see everything in one day, and therefore we can’t get out of the park … :grimacing:

At our last trip, we did 15+ rides in one day at MK … It’s too much.

2 Likes

This is harkens back to when I suggested park hoppers might not be worth is for 4-6 park days. But actually, as you have MORE park days, the park hoppers start to become useful again.

For example, you might want to do 1 1/2 days in AK and HS, 2 days in MK and EP (or some such combination). Doing those 1/2 days each in AK and HS requires either a park hopper, or adding another day to your trip.

It MIGHT be useful at 6 days if you wanted to do 1 1/2 days in each park, for example…but again, that would require hoppers.

If you have 4 days, you would typically do one park per day…no need for hoppers. At 3 days, however, you would need a hopper to hit all four parks.

3 Likes

This took me a minute, I was like what guns are you trying to use at MK? :rofl::rofl: Then I got it.

2 Likes

Actually I’m a bit of a paradox, because on our too short recent 4 day trip, we did a Universal park-to-park day, because we were mostly interested in Wizarding World and wanted to experience the train, and then did one-days at MK, HS and EP. No AK this time. My dream would be to do 2 days in each park, and to take it more slowly … (I’m sorry I digress)

1 Like

Clearly…the fort on Tom Sawyer’s Island! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is fair. If you don’t want to hit all four parks, then obviously the park hoppers even at 3 days wouldn’t be terribly useful.

There is the caveat, though…because if you are staying at a Deluxe resort, you MIGHT want to be able to hop to the park with EEH. (Maybe someone mentioned that up above.)

ALL the rides by lunch?

There is synergy between G+ and hopping bc it opens up more options.

Yup. Except Rise. We did TSMM at park open - no wait, ASS - 5 min. SMMF SR, Breakfast Bowl at Woody’s, SDD LL, ToT LL, TSMM LL, Frozen, MMRR LL, ST LL. Then still has some time before lunch res so went to Muppets. …this was without Early Entry; we rope dropped regular Park Open.

3 Likes

We only park hopped when we stayed at Bay lake, since we can quickly walk to MK for some night time rides. I could also see this useful if staying at an Epcot resort. Otherwise i find it pointless too, when considering the cost. Also your trip seems long enough to enjoy 1 park a day.

1 Like

Wow that is impressive. So you didn’t stack any LL, you took them one after using the other?

1 Like

Yup. I don’t know if it’s because Genie+ had issues and less people got it on Thursday or what, but we didn’t have to stack. Normally I would stack. I checked my photos, we did the last LL at 12:33 pm

2 Likes

It looks like so many people are experiencing issues with Disney IT and not just in the parks. Looks like it started 2 days ago I believe.

1 Like