Content on blogs?

When this originally came up the response I received from wdwtoday was that they were interpreting it as a transfer.

2 Likes

Have we ever found out what sort of language changed in 2015 that caused everyone to call out that suddenly it WAS allowed?

Yes ! It was announced through press releases on all the Disney sites as part of the changes to the dining plan.

I started this thread because I started looking at those announcements. I have an app: Theme Park News Disney Edition and that is a feed of Disney blog posts. I noticed that you will get the exact same story (word for word) from multiple sources. For example, at the top of this thread I included DFB and TP. For TP I noticed Ricki puts out many of these blog posts. Sometimes the Disney Parks Blogs also releases the exact same post. In this case, ALL blogs released the same info but the wdwtoday twitter account suggested that they all made it up…

I gotcha. So even if WDW didn’t publish the content, there must have been something that changed. Does Ricki still work at TP? I wonder if they remember at all. And I kind of the DFB was an actual Disney arm.

I believe the content is a type of “press release” and Disney is trying to back off of that policy. Funny, the Mom’s Panel knew about it too…

1 Like

Today’s example:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/news/11jan2019-passholder-gift-returning-to-the-2019-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts.htm

1 Like

I had to look! Yes! She does!

I just clicked on your Disney Parks Mom Panel from the original post and it just keeps opening the DPMP homepage. Maybe they have removed this post now?? Any chance you have a screen capture of it???

Am I crazy or what?

1 Like

Funny, I can no longer find that post that I pointed out to Disney. I did find this still there:

1 Like

I emailed Disney directly from two different accounts and got that same answer as well just last week. I would like to assume that the people that answer Disney emails speak for Disney but you never know. Hoping we won’t have any issues that require me to pull out that email on our trip later this month.

2 Likes

thanks!!

Can I ask who you emailed, @momfourmonkeys? I’d like to email them myself so that I have a response in my account verifying that we can use deluxe credits to pay for someone in a different room. If we cannot, the economics of the dining plan go way into the red for our group!

Their email is WDW.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

1 Like

Thanks @missoverexcited!

1 Like

Yes, I emailed that address and also straight from the “contact us” page on the website. Report back what you get.

1 Like

I heard back already! The quick turn around was a pleasant surprise.

They told me that you may using your Dining Plan entitlements to cover meals for other Guests even if they are not on the dining plan, just as long as you are there. Whew! Now I have it in writing from an official WDW source. I’ll hope that’s good enough for any waiter we run into at WDW.

It’s frustrating when some CM don’t seem to understand the WDW policies, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Oh good. I’m so glad you got the same reply.

1 Like