Content on blogs?

Just to further update, the OP on chat was later told by HS guest services that the CM at H&V was incorrect and they would be reminded that credits could be used to pay for other people’s meals.

So it’s as clear as mud…

I still want to know how they can say that reports of information they obviously released is not connected to them in any way?

4 Likes

Simple if I tell you “blue” and you print “blue” fine but if you print “black” I can’t control your mistake. So if Disney says one thing and an outside source prints anything Disney is not responsible if they make a mistake.

The problem here is that the 20 sites and the TAs did not make a mistake. It is exactly the same info- everywhere. You will notice: sometimes the Parks Blog will make an announcement and all the media outlets report that info. But sometimes the info only goes to the outlets and TAs (like this time). Disney is claiming it is NOT their info.

1 Like

Whatever Disney’s stance on the policy (whether stated and/or what happens in practice), what’s to stop me from buying 2 meals for myself at a single sitting?

Also, looking at this 2015 plan PDF from Disney, it says:

You can redeem more than your allotted meals or snacks per night, as you wish, until your total number of meal snack entitlements is depleted

I don’t really see how they can police the more restrictive policy without causing themselves more headaches.

Also, this 2018 PDF doesn’t seem to have any info on such limitations:
dp2018

1 Like

I agree, but I am suspecting if when servers are scanning bands it is telling them how many people on the reservation, there may be something changing soon? I have a gut feeling someone tried to implement too soon?

I agree. But then they need to change their wording. I read transferring as between accounts, not paying for others at your table with your own account.

1 Like

Exactly. I think that is the problem. What if you get three for yourself and share? They do not prohibit sharing meals except at buffets or AYCTE settings. Will be challenging to stop without additional verbiage I would think? Also seems like they cannot change policies after you purchase something, although they are sure to put “experiences may change at any time without warning” on everything.

1 Like

Could be.

You know, I understand companies need to do what they think to maximize income etc, but boy, it seems so many changes are really eroding any good will the Disney name has had for customer service and taking care of guests. Even more surprising in these days of enormous profits.

Sure, they are spending a lot of capital in the last few years (finally), but they are having their cake, eating it too, and not letting us share ours now.

1 Like

The bigger “loophole” (not a loophole!) that BoM exploited was to list adults as kids on the deluxe dining plan!

1 Like

FWIW I do see that in the fine print, the docs always say “terms may be changed at any time.”

That’s standard practice, of course, but this new “rule” seems draconian - If I were to make a guess (I guess I am!) - I bet a poorly written internal memo about something related is being interpreted incorrectly.

2 Likes

I think this is just a rogue dining team, and that Disney had to back them up when called on it. I don’t think it’s standard practice.

As @JJT noted, Disney says you can state how many meals you want to redeem at a time. It doesn’t place an upper limit on that. You could say “1”, “5”, or “15” if you’ve got the credits.

The prohibition on transferring credits is clearly meant to prevent transferring credits to other reservations. I think it’s relevant to note that in this case, no credits were transferred.

The simplest way to get around this is for the person with the credits to order all the food. If asked, insist that you plan to eat all of it. There’s no prohibition against sharing food, and there’s no additional sharing charge.

I’m very interested in hearing if anyone else has the same experience.

4 Likes

Not arguing your point, just thinking out loud, really. I’m not an attorney but I always wonder how much they could get away with. Could the dining plan change to include only 2 snacks and no meals during the week of Christmas with no warning? Sure it would be a PR nightmare, but is it legal/enforceable? Like EMM at TSL, if all three TSL rides are down for the 2 hours, do they have to compensate you in some way (open other attractions, give you FPP) or just say sorry, the experience changed and it is now “wandering around TSL without crowds”?

1 Like

EU law prevented them from introducing parking charges for UK guests (and any European guest I assume) for 2018 and 2019. I guess consumer laws over there might prevent any drastic changes?

THAT is why we can’t have nice things.

3 Likes

The most they could hope to do is limit you to the number of people on the dining plan on your reservation, since they can’t exactly require you to have a magicband on to go to dinner at a resort.

Well, I guess they could require it, but that seems excessive.

2 Likes

This discussion has been going on in Chat, and the original poster got an email from HS guest services “stating that they conferred with Disney Reservation Services and we def should have been allowed to use as many credits as we wanted H&V will be informed. ???”

This makes it seem like no one is on the same page.

I am coming back to you because sharing of credits is back on chat:

1 Like

I see this in the description of MYW packages. Not sure if it is new verbiage or not, but it does seem to suggest you canNOT share dining credits since no components are transferable:

And this too:

2 Likes

Except that they are not transferring credits to another account. They are using credits on their account to pay for the meals of those present. I think Disney is still being vague and restaurant managers seem to be interpreting things differently.

1 Like