Contemporary Resort dissapointment

I’m still hoping to get to ride one with the doors open.

Won’t be much longer. I’m hoping they will have the new monorail trains operating by the time we go in 2020. After all. How long does it take for them to build a few trains?

My concern, however, is this: Once the new trains arrive, they will need to test them, perhaps make some upgrades to the monorail track itself. If so, they will have to shut it down for a time. What if they shut it down during our trip when we are specifically picking our place of stay because of the monorail location?

And then, furthermore, considering that in 2021, right after our trip, they are expected to open Tron…which, along with it, may (if rumors play out) include changes/upgrades to the Speedway and People Mover and Carousel of Progress. Those are (well, not Speedway) favorites of ours. But what if they, TOO, are closed for our visit?

I’d be pretty bummed if we are going on our MOST EXPENSIVE vacation ever only to have some of the major highlights closed due to construction/upgrades.

I hate to be a downer, but I don’t think they’re going to let us ride the new trains with the doors open. Not on purpose, anyway.

WHAT? I thought they were going to be the next thrill ride!

All true, I was thinking more along the lines of rope drop. Once the gondola opens there will be a lot more people queued up waiting for the park to open.

True. Combined with the need to speed-march to Future World, that could make International Gateway pretty unappealing at rope drop and, depending upon your plans, shift the advantage back to the main gate.

1 Like