Considering split stay--Dolphin and AKL

If you mean distance to parks, please look at a map. The BW, might have a little more property/bldgs, and I’ve read that there COULD be a little bit of a hike involved to get to the main drag/walking path that connects the Epcot area resorts and parks. That is second hand info, I’ve never stayed at the BW, I only recall reading that there might be rooms that are a bit of a longer trek than “expected.”

All EP area resorts (EXCEPT CBR!) share the friendship boats, and all have Disney busses for parks.

Swolphin, will, by the way, send your bags to another Disney resort for a split stay.

I also believe Swolphin has Epcot and Hollywood view rooms which you can request. If you do a web search for which rooms to request for best Illuminations views, I’m pretty sure you will find a list. I know for a fact one of the bigger WDW planning sites has lists like this for each WDW resort, I just forgot which one, but you should easily find it.

1 Like

Lots of great advice here so far.

Just have to put a plug in for my Dolphin, where we stay a lot. I like it better than Swan b/c the lobby & restaurant choices are more resort -like to me. The Swan seems more like a convention oriented hotel to me. BTW, the ice cream bar at the Fountain (I like it’s diner vibe) is really good.

You’ll soon figure out the benefit of boat vs. walking, depending on whether the boat is there for you & how tired you are. The boats are fun , too.

And yes, get a room with balcony- we’ve never had a bad view that way, and we love having breakfast on the balcony.

The pool at Dolphin/Swan is really cool, your daughter will love it & the slide there.

We’re planning to stay at Kidani next trip, we’ve checked out the pool there & like it better than the pool at the main lodge. Tho guests can use either one, it’s just easier to get to the one that is nearer the room.

As you can see, I love both of your hotel choices. You and your daughter are going to have an amazing vaca!

Isn’t that the cool thing - there are SO many choices. I remember when it was only the Contemporary and Poly Village (what it used to be called).

You could stay at one of the hotels at “Downtown Disney” as well - but other than that - you were staying off site.

How times have changed.