Considering LESS Days Due to Genie+

It was only a few weeks ago that someone reported a bus driver at WDW saying they were still running 500 drivers short of what they need. Buses serve a more important purpose than trams, so I don’t seem trams returning until they are fully staffed on buses.

1 Like

But CP kids can run trams as long as they have appropriate supervisors and maintenance staff, unlike buses. But those last 2 may be the tricky part.

3 Likes

I don’t know why…but I’m suddenly scared to ride Trams. :smiley:

3 Likes

I should call them young adults!

1 Like

Do you really think they want to “maximize” guest experience? I know they say that a lot, but I don’t believe it.

1 Like

This is one of those annoying and practically meaningless marketing terms, along with “optimize” and “minimize”. They are so nebulous that who knows. Because in order to, say, “minimize wait times”, it would mean they are doing whatever they can to bring wait times to zero…but there are plenty of things they could be doing to accomplish that, which they aren’t. Rather, it would be more accurate to simply say, “reduce wait times”, because at least that has some metric…the wait time is LESS than it was before.

What does it mean to “maximize guest experience”? That has a different answer depending on who you are talking to.

1 Like

Speaking of Parking Lot Trams: https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/the-return-of-entertainment-is-great-but-where-are-the-parking-lot-trams/

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Regarding the bus situation, there were a LOT of motor coach buses serving hotel to bus routes the week of the 1st. Almost exclusively motor coaches for CSR, and certainly plenty others at other bus stops too.

Apparently “maximize guest experience” means deprive everyone of any chance to plan things before 7 AM on the day that will be spent frantically flipping through screens on your phone and throwing money at problems you never had to chance to foresee.

Because, you know, California likes that.

5 Likes

If all you’re interested in is the rides, you might be able to do one day. Epcot is our favorite park and we can easily spend a day in the World Showcase.

1 Like

I am not just interested in rides and there are some I don’t do like Mission Space, Flight of Passage, and Star Tours.

I just think with some good planning Liner style, I can do the things I want in less time because of the way they have structured things.

1 Like

Jackie’s article actually helps carry the story of what I have heard. That they had just replaced something (it turns out it was the trams themselves) and had no one to train the drivers!

1 Like

Sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were asking if you could do Epcot in one day if you used G+ for the rides there. Hence, I was thinking that for Epcot you were only interested in the rides. I always consider Epcot a two-day park and I don’t do Test Track or Soarin’. In the beforetimes, we stayed at Beach Club and hopped into Epcot multiple times to catch a show or get something to eat.

1 Like

Okay, I agree with Ryan that this is a trash term that is up there with “Pivot” and “innovate”. However I do think Disney is trying to get the most profit possible at the lowest crowd level possible, (with standard operations). It’s the “everybody wins” except those who got priced out scenario.

2 Likes

Here’s where I’m at so far…

Two days at MK: One using G+ and riding those attractions and one having a chill day enjoying all the other things like Liberty Belle, Country Bears…all the stuff NOT on G+.

Two days at EP: One using G+ and riding those attractions and one having a chill day seeing all the holiday offerings and enjoying non G+ things like The American Adventure and Grand Fiesta Tour.

One day at AK instead of 2 days utilizing G+. I still have time to do all the chill stuff here like see Kora Tinga Tinga and walk the trails.

One day at HS instead of 2 days utilizing G+. I will get to see all the shows and things I want to do.

Other two days in my vacation are now going to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.

2 Likes

Your plan seems to rely on reliably pulling G+ after G+ through your ride-filled days. I’m not sure we know yet how accurate that is, for planning purposes. You may have down time between, where you can either do standby lines or non-ride attractions.

I don’t remember how many FPs we pulled with MaxPass at DL, but I know we still did ended up doing many rides standby, and we were there at a low crowd time (weekdays in early February).

3 Likes

I will watch the reports and see what happens. A lot of G+ offers don’t really need it so I am not convinced I will need it for everything.

Maybe, maybe not. Disney has been raising prices significantly and cutting guest benefits for years and I don’t think it is negatively impacting demand.

I don’t think they are counting on Liners … they are counting on the millions of occasional guests.

4 Likes

Have you used MaxPass in Cali?

This was before boarding groups which I do despise but you couldn’t get a fastpass until you were in the park at 8am. Disneyland has more rides than Magic Kingdom and I was able to get a fastpass for every single fastpass attraction, rode MFSR single rider and every other ride I wanted to (all dark rides that don’t have fastpass, walked thru Mickey and Minnie’s houses and took a 2 hour tour; I only didn’t ride things like Tea Cups and Dumbo) and never waited 30 min for anything all day on a day with a crowd level of 10 and a holiday. Yes, I had to look at my phone to get new fast passes throughout the day and to see what TP said to do next but I have done that at MK too after the first three but because those first three have to be an hour apart it actually hurts you first thing when they are usually available sooner. And unlike MK where I’ve never gotten a FP for everything I literally got it for everything at Disneyland that I could. (Now I didn’t make it to Star Tours twice as I got a FP for it twice but was always doing something else and BTMR broke five min before I could use my FP but I did get them). Overall MaxPass was a much better system in my experience than FP+ at WDW where even when I paid for the club level extra three I sat around waiting for them to be good dragging out my day at DHS because of the hour requirement. Maybe if FP+ hadn’t had that requirement it would have been better than MaxPass but I prefer getting new FPs on my phone all day than sitting around waiting for them to be good because there’s not enough time between them to get in a long line and too much time between them to be able to get many more by the time you’ve used them all.

3 Likes