Confirmed: Lugi's Tires' days are numbered

So long tires,

The new attraction sure looks a lot like bumper cars.

I’m not shocked that Luigi’s is going away, but I enjoyed my one ride. I didn’t have any trouble moving the tire around and it helped that I knew other people on the ride, so there were people to bump into.

I rode it once, but I have to say I’m not sorry to see it go. I was able to move my tire, but then I got boxed in a corner by people who couldn’t. Spent almost the entire (short) ride sitting in one place… Back in the 60s they had a “Flying Saucer” ride in TL based on the same “air table” techonolgy; it lasted about as long…

I’m sorry I skipped it now. I’ve heard about all the problems and its low capacity, but as much as people pined for the flying saucers, I’m sure people will grow more fond of the tires the longer they are gone until we eventually speak of it as the greatest ride ever.

I’m sad to hear this making its way around today! I enjoyed this summer 14! It’ll be sad that it’s gone when we get back to DCA! A unique attraction that requires more than sitting and experiencing

[quote=“bswan26, post:3, topic:9843”]
Back in the 60s they had a “Flying Saucer” ride in TL based on the same “air table” techonolgy; it lasted about as long[/quote]

As I understand, the Flying Saucer ride used to break down quite often (and rather loudly and dramatically). I don’t think Luigi’s tires had the same problems, but my guess is that it was expensive to operate. Couple that with a regular stream of complaints and management must’ve been ready to try something else.