Concerned about dining

The parks are so close to CityWalk I wanted to note the options there too. In the parks I also recommend Confisco Grille for picky eaters.

@darkmite2 I agree, I find Universal’s food to be pretty good on average and the ratio of hit to miss is the same at Disney. Universal doesn’t hit the same highs as Disney does (Jiko, Homecomin’, etc) but hits a higher level baseline.

1 Like

OK… Newb question, when you say City Walk is a lunch option, how close is it? Like right outside the parks, or 15 min walk?

It’s right outside the parks—walking distance.

2 Likes

Yup, you have to walk through city walk to get to the parks. See here:

The butterbeer fudge was the hands down favorite of two in my group, so don’t write it off.

There’s at least one notable exception that has to be underscored here: whatever you do, do not eat at Cafe Stoo-pendous in Seuss-land. It is beyond awful.

And maybe I’ve lost my mind, but I thought the fish in the fish-n-chips at Leaky Cauldron was way better than it had any right to be. It wasn’t top quality, but it was piping hot, the fish was cooked perfectly, and the batter was at least somewhat crispy and not a soggy mess. The chips were mediocre, but about what I expected.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you say you like Mexican–we had a great dinner at Antojitos in CityWalk on our last trip and plan to go again. Everyone loved the tableside-made guac and chips; caused my DS5 to proclaim it the best day of his life! We walked right up without a res and were seated in less than 5 min on a Saturday in October.

Also, highly recommend the oversized pink donut in Simpson land…we still talk about that one!

2 Likes

Hmm. Good to know. I’ve found the food at LC to be uniformly awful, but I’m willing to give the fish and chips a go.

My picky eater loved Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. The shakes were really entertaining.

1 Like

IMHO - I will say the potted cream was my least favorite Butterbeer. The fudge was second least favorite. I wish the regular Butterbeer wasn’t carbonated. It’s a weird taste.

I will agree, it is right outside the parks. However, it can be a bit of a hike. Depending on where you are when you leave expect a good 5 - 10 minutes to get to where you are going. Once you get there you’ll see what we mean. You have to go through CityWalk just to enter both parks. The food there is WAY better than anything in the parks and worth it.

1 Like

Really? Hard to fathom. It was pretty much flavorless and bland to me. I’d never get it again.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone! This is a huge help. I didn’t know anything about city walk… for some reason i thought it was all bars and not good for kids. Sounds like we will give Antojitos a go and probably toothsomes.

I have heard such mixed reviews on mythos, it was originally on my list but i had taken it off. Will think about that one too.

Thank you all!!

I really enjoy Mythos for “in-park” dining. It is above average and a nice sit down experience. I’m a fan of themed restaurants. If you don’t want to leave the park and want a good sit down meal, not just quick service, it’s pretty good. I’m not going to say it’s the best Mediterranean food I’ve ever had, but it’s consistently good.

1 Like

I agree with @darkmite2. I have had some very good food at Mythos and it is a cool, relaxing place to eat in the park.

1 Like