Comment J18

I loved Soarin from the first moment I rode it. I didn’t ever ride the California one, just the newer one. This last December when I got on FOP, I told my daughter it was Soarin on steroids. Longer and more motion, but still the same feeling of flying. My 5 year old grandson was scared off by the intro scenes (where they sample your DNA), but he says he wants to go next time. He LOVED Soarin (the kid is fearless except for that nasty “Bug’s Life” in AK. We decided that we had permanently damaged both grandkids that day and probably scarred them for life with BL (and it wasn’t even 9:00 am yet). They got over it, but that is one show I’ll NEVER go back to.

1 Like

Never trust a bug! :rage:

1 Like

I loved Soarin’ and was slightly annoyed I only discovered how good it is too late in my trip — I only did it once. I wish I hadn’t wasted time on nonsense like Test Track and Mission Space!

1 Like

Amen to that.

I love reading all your stories. Disney is a happy place for me, like it is for many of you, and has been since I first went as a kid. The concerns of everyday life don’t exist while I’m there. In addition, they have been very kind to the military. I don’t think I would be able to justify coming back every couple years without the military discount.

1 Like

I find each of my Disney trips is magical in its own way, each and every time. I’m grateful to be in a position financially that I can afford this trip as often as I have so that my daughter can also experience the Disney magic. I, too, am one of those people who gets misty eyed while watching the fireworks with the castle as the backdrop. I started my Disney adventures back in the mid-80s when my parents took us for family vacations. I hope to be able to experience Disney again and again for hopefully another 30+ years!!

1 Like

We are all so different. Soarin was my favoride and I didn’t feel ill at all, but I hate most coasters and simulation rides because they make me feel sick. I felt green coming out of Star Tours, I’d been looking forward to it, but had to keep my eyes closed nearly the whole time.

Just remind yourself that you’re not really that far off the ground.

I’m glad I did everything first time round. Next time I’ll leave off the chaff and do the best stuff and condense it… In regards to your initial post, I know what you mean about wanting to go back. I’ve not really found many places I’d use my sparse amount to of leave on returning to. Disney is one of the only places I want to do that with.

The thing is, that place made me the happiest person I’ve ever been, but it also gave me the most unbearable amount of depression when I left and returned to normal life… Thats the bit that really threw me.

1 Like

When we rode Soarin, I knew I wasn’t going to fall out, but was so very worried that one of my two daughters would. That took away from at least some of the enjoyment. Overall though, Soarin is awesome and I can’t wait to go back.

I remember riding Soarin for the first time. I hate heights especially driving over high bridges. I can ride no problem but actively steering the car that high makes me nervous. So you can imagine seeing the height in Soarin. After the first couple of times, I got used to the show and actually started to participate such as lifting my feet as we went up over the mountains and orange groves. This was the first show (Califoria Adventure), where now it’s and international picture. Being the pro I am after riding so many times I find I try to help out people that have the same fear by telling them to actively participate as well. One time and they are hooked. :rofl: