Cold weather - touring plan

Visiting on 22 - 24 and have 2 park 3day (( park to park ) with unlimited express passes . Since the forecast is of very cold Friday evening and Saturday, planning to do all the indoor rides on Friday and Sunday. Which park shall I do on Thursday when iita a better day temp wise, I m thinking about IOA . My family has teenagers and we are Harry Potter and roller coasters fan. Any tips to make this first trip will be greatly appreciated . Pls advise on popular rides that can be done based on Thursday to Saturday forecast

1 Like

That’s a good plan. The most popular attractions at IOA are probably 1. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
2. Jurassic World VelociCoaster
3. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
4. The Incredible Hulk Coaster
5. The Cat in the Hat

Hagrid’s (and other big outdoor coasters) can have issues running in cold weather. If the morning is cold, keep an eye on this.

4 Likes

I second keeping an eye on Hagrid’s in cold weather. It can go down at a moment’s notice. If riding it is important to your trip, get in that line any time you are walking past & it is working. On my last trip it was down 3 different days / times when I had “planned” to ride it. By the end of the trip, we started getting in the queue any time were were in Hogsmeade and it was operating.

You’ll probably want to check out JPRA on the day you are doing outdoor rides. It’s a definite “must do” for me each trip.

Nope… Not ever more than a five minute wait! :crazy_face: :rofl:

I love CitH, but I’d make the fifth most popular either JPRA or Kong. Both of those can get up to an hour wait or more.

4 Likes