Coke Freestyle Cups

I don’t see any reason that it shouldn’t. The technology hasn’t changed in that time. All you would have to do it reactivate it at a booth that sells them (ie pay the refill charge and they will activate your chip for the day).

1 Like

Ours from 2019 did! We took it bc we knew it would fit in lockers and could use for water if nothing else. But it worked!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll bring it!

If yours has a straw, people will covet your cup.

One hint, the lid to Talenti ice cream fits the freestyle cups perfectly.

1 Like

Any idea how much these cost right now? Is the best advice still to get a meal plan? (Literally the first time i am thinking of a meal plan. I really need to read through ALL @bebe80 's links methodically and not randomly.)

The Dining Plan was discontinued last year. I have no experience with Freestyle cups.

I follow this You Tube couple The Pugh Two - they have so many useful videos, tips and tricks and their content is right to the point, This particular video is all about the freestyle cup. Coca Cola Freestyle At Universal Orlando | A Complete Guide To Universal Refillable Cups 2021 - YouTube

(tip: I play them on 2x speed because they tend to talk a much too slow for me)

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately they discontinued it. When they combined Snacks and Beverages into one category that made getting the dining plan a no-brainer since you could get two expensive snacks plus an entree for $23-ish. No brainer for the customer had to have made it a money loser for them.

For the freestyle cups, as a cheap family, we had one freestyle cup and shared it using similar cups from Six Flags or the zoo.

My personal favorite was every time we’d walk through Suessland, we’d start with the freestyle machine behind the Moose Juice stand and get a Diet Coke. Pour that into one of our spare cups. Then get an orange icee from the Moose Juice stand. That machine wasn’t able to tell that it hadn’t been 10 minutes. Then we’d put half the icee into another cup for DD. I’d top off the freestyle cup with Diet Coke (so half of each, loved that). DH would drink the remaining Diet Coke.

One thing to find out before you leave is if the Freestyle machines give water to non-freestyle cups. They have gone back-and-forth on this. For all our trips, they weren’t. I liked that because I didn’t have to wait in line behind people just getting water. We brought a brita water bottle. The brita filters are good enough to remove the swamp taste so we could use random water fountains to refill. Then whenever we’d stop to eat we’d get ice water and pour the remaining ice into the brita.

3 Likes

How much does it cost to reactivate an old cup?

Same as a new one! I think it was around$11?

2 Likes

Yes, the age of the cup shouldn’t make a difference.

Just to clarify that reactivating either an old or new cup would incur the daily activation charge, not the cost of a whole new cup.

It’s been a number of years since I’ve been, but iirc it’s about $10 to reactivate.

2 Likes