Coffeemaker

Can someone tell me the kind of coffeemaker in the CRB rooms? I’d like to bring my own K-cups or whatever kind of pods can be used. Thanks!

1 Like

No idea. Sorry. But if anyone knows about Pop, I would love to know too. I forgot. It’s been a more than a few years since our last stay. Next stay is 15 days away and I’m hoping it’s the basket type. Any idea the cup size also?

1 Like

We were recently at a new renovated room at ASMo (identical to POP) and they use coffee in bags and have regular tea bags. I neglected to take a picture of the ‘coffee bar’ area, but it was a mini coffee maker.

2 Likes

They have the pods - but I don’t know what type they are. I know you can ask housekeeping for more. It is not a keurig or a traditional coffee maker.

We made coffee one day in the room and then gave up. The pod coffee was like coffee flavored water - weak and terrible. We just got it in park or at the resort each morning. If you buy the resort mug, you can use that for coffee too.

1 Like

How many cups would you say 1 pack makes? How much water can the coffee maker take? It’s just DH and I and I’m wondering if it’s worth the hassle. We like real milk in our coffee. I would have to bring plenty of those little creamer cups as I dont trust the temp of the bev coolers. I have a preferred room and hope to be really close to the main hall and have requested rooms as such. Wondering if I should just go get our coffee in the mornings.

Just go get coffee. It’s much less of a hassle, in my opinion. Pretty sure they have half and half, too.

2 Likes

Pop doesn’t use k cups. It is a single serving disk. A sealed coffee filter. I think it’s called a soft pod.

Looks like this

You can make 2 cups at once

1 Like

Only 2 cups? DH and I normally use xtra large coffee cups, at least 12 oz each. My fav is a 16 oz. mug. I was hoping for a 6 cup machine at least. I guess it depends on where my room will be. Maybe Ill horde their creamer cups, lol.

1 Like

Maybe someone can comment if it is similar to the ASMo set up.

1 Like

And the pods are BAD! Either leave earlier for the park and go to Starbucks - go to the hotel QS - or stop at the Joffreys at the CBR Skyliner. IMO, all of those options are better.

1 Like

It’s all about getting some caffeine til I can get to Starbucks.

I mix all my hotel coffee with hot cocoa powder. It hides a lot of flaws.

3 Likes

Yep! I wake up to my coffee maker already brewing a fresh pot! That first sip earns an ahhhhh and gets me awake and going. Sometimes that going is back to bed to watch news and check up here, sometimes its collecting DGS for a couple hours before his sitter is up and going, sometimes its that cup I sit outside and swing to and enjoy the quiet. I hate the thought of traversing to the food court for my first cup but I can do it. I won’t go in pjs but I don’t need to be all the way up and ready either- just decent lol. Hopefully my room is close :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Now I’m debating acquiring a timer plug to pack for my next trip… :coffee::coffee::coffee::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I awake to the smell weeeelllllllll before my timer goes off at 6:30. It’s wonderful.

1 Like

Coffee in both pop and cbr are pods… And they are less than optimal. Strong second for the recommendation to hit joffrey’s at the skyliner by Caribbean Beach

1 Like

I believe most of the value and moderate resorts use the Cuisinart 2 cup coffeemaker. The two refers to the number of coffeecups you can make at once, not the fluid capacity. Rooms are supplied with paper cups, coffee “pods” (the flat pillow-like things), creamer, sugar, and non-sugar sweeteners. There are regular coffee, decaf, and tea pods. You can always ask housekeeping for more of these. I found these photos:

The pods go in the pullout tray, shown in the photo below. The water gets poured into the top section.
You can brew one or two cups at a time.

ETA: The coffee in the rooms is Joffrey brand. Joffrey is the official specialty coffee of Disney places like WDW and DLR.

3 Likes

LOL I read all the responses and I cannot add anything to the discussion :laughing: I can confirm it’s coffee flavored water, weak. If you have a mug, and are close enough to the food court, the coffee & creamer are free :wink:

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought it was sub optimal!

I did not buy that $22 resort mug on my first day because I mostly drink just water and coffee. Total regret! At the very least, I would have broke even on the coffee expenses!

1 Like

hmmmm, actually, any mug will work :wink: Since I only get coffee (or water) at the food court I just bring a previously purchased refillable mug. But I’ve also used my thermos to fill up.

1 Like