Coffee at Art of Animation

Would anyone happen to know if coffee machines are available in the LM rooms at AoA and, if so, what type they are? We’re thinking of bringing some from home to make there.

On our last trip, DW found that she really didn’t like Joffrey’s, which seems to the the predominant brand sold at WDW. (I can take it or leave it. I put enough cream and sugar in my coffee that I don’t have to be too picky.)

No, they’re Value rooms and there are no coffee makers in Value resorts. It will be a bit of a walk to the food court for coffee. It’s such a cool resort though.

1 Like

You can bring Starbucks Via…not bad at all for an instant coffee.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with Starbucks Via… GREAT instant coffee!! This is now on the list of “must bring” items to Disney. I didn’t really care for Joffrey’s either… and the lines for starbucks at the parks were so long when we where there.

I was also impressed w/ how good Starbucks Via is for instant!

Thanks for the info. I haven’t been there yet, but I’m looking forward to it. It looks like it has some over-the-top theming, which I love.

1 Like

Thank you, @Sam2071, @SStottlemyer, and @haylekk! I will have to pick up some instant Starbucks and give it a try. As long as we can find some hot water, this may be the perfect solution.

1 Like

I just bought a cheap 4 cup coffee maker last time I was staying at a value resort! It cost me like $11 from Walmart and did a great job for the 10 days I was there, simply left it behind with a note telling the cleaning staff they are welcome to take it if they want or trow it away. I can’t operate without a cup o’ joe so was more than worth it!!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! You probably still saved some money too. That might be the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Oh absolutely, if you are staying for more than just a weekend then it pays for itself, coffee maker + a bag of decent ground coffee is like $15-20…AND not having to walk to the cafeteria (for a less fresh brew) and/or get in your ride and drive to the nearest Starbucks etc…I mean, thats priceless right!!

1 Like

Over the weekend we found a five-cup coffee maker at Walmart for a little over $9.00, so that will be going in our suitcase. Thanks again for the tip.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m late to the party here, but I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how you get hot water for your coffee at a value resort. We’re staying at Pop, and I’m planning to bring Starbucks Via with me, but I’m wondering how to get hot water! Is the hot water from the tap actually hot enough?

I travel with one of those travel immersion water heater thingies. It looks similar to this one on Amazon: http://a.co/eDt1O8Q

I like to make hot water for tea, and I don’t even use hotel coffee makers for making hot water because of the lingering coffee odor. This immersion heat heats up water in minutes.
I don’t know if this is true for all of these types of immersion heaters, but with mine, I have to put it in a cup of water, then plug it into the outlet to turn it on. When the water is boiled, I make sure to unplug the immersion heater, and then remove it from the boiling water. Since it is really hot, I have a separate cup ready to put it in so I don’t melt any surfaces.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who brings my own coffee maker… but I go for the full 12 cup machine.
DH and I don’t play when it comes to our coffee addiction.

Woah I did not even know those things exist! Thanks for the tip.

I must admit that I started traveling with my own travel immersion water heater thingie after seeing – actually, being grossed out by – this news video about dirty hotel glasses (youtube video to the news video here: - YouTube). Plus I’ve read accounts of some strange and gross things people do with those in-room coffee pots.

So I always bring my own travel immersion water heater.
I travel with my Hydroflask stainless steel insulated water bottle. I use this to heat up my water. (I like knowing that the stainless steel interior is safe to use with the hot immersion water heater)
I always hand wash the hotel cups/glasses myself before using them.

Grossss. We are planning to bring all our own gear. There are 9 of us spread over 4 rooms. 8 of us are flying (we live in AZ), but one girl is driving down from Georgia. She’s bringing her Keurig and buying an electric kettle so we’ll have 1 device per two rooms. And then we’re all bringing our own mugs. I’m not grossed out by hotel cups/glasses, but even if Pop Century provided styrofoam cups, they’d be too little (I need a lot of coffee in the AM!) and not keep it hot enough.