Clothes for December

Hi all!!! One question, do you know which type of clothes would be good for a travel in December? I 'm making the closet change this week and not sure if I should keep shorts and short leave tshirts just in case…

Thanks!!!

I would keep some out. Winter months are so tricky for FL weather. Sometimes hot, sometimes not. I think you’ll be needing to check the forecast in the final days before you leave but should be prepared for both extremes.

Your touring plan should have the highs and lows

“Winter” weather in FL can be totally unpredictable. You could see 80 and 50 in a week - maybe even within a 24 hour period. You can look at “averages”, but the number of outlying data points can be considerable. I’d have at least one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts. T-shirts, and hoodies. As an example, I went in January one year and was in shorts and t-shirts the whole time, except for one evening when I put on a hoodie. I could have gone swimming most days. The people who were there the week before were wearing heavy jackets, hats, and gloves…

1 Like

I agree with @bswan26. Last year we went last week of November into first couple days of December. All week it was chilly in the morning (just shorts and tees with hoodies) and in the 80’s but the last day it was freezing! It was 50’s and we all had our jeans and sweatshirts on. So good thing to be prepared for both!

Good to know!! I 'll keep some shorts with me then!! Thank you so much for your time and advice!

We were there last December and went from highs in the mid 80s at the beginning of the week to highs in the upper 50s by the end of the week. You never know what you will get until about a week before you leave. Planning for layers is the best way to go.

1 Like